M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on the rear jug (on the left) there is an adjustment nut for the cam chain. Although the owner's manual doesn't mention an adjustment, has anyone tried to tighten the chain? There is quite a bit of upper-end noise as the bike runs and I was wondering if it could be quieted down some by tightening the cam chain.

Anyone???

mania

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
thats not for adjusting. When you loosen it the spring comes out and it will only tighten till it bottoms out. the ratcheting mechanism has little teeth on it and as the chain slackens the spring is supposed to push it to the next tooth. It is designed so it only goes one way, it cannot back up. with the spring out you could push inside with a small screw driver (tweeker) and it might click and go to the next tooth. gotta be careful how tight it gets too you could ruin the tensioner and send plastic shaving all through the oil system. some bikes just make more top end noise than others. If it ain't broke...........

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow, a single 2-syllable word comes to mind, a$$hole. Whether or not this is Lawdog, I do see a legitmate question:

"There is quite a bit of upper-end noise as the bike runs and I was wondering if it could be quieted down some by tightening the cam chain."

Now, some new people could come to this board, thinking about asking a question, see your stupid responces to some guy asking a legitmate question, and another question goes unanswered/asked. Second scenario, someone is looking at the nut/bolt and is about ready to start wrenching on it, they don't know what it is (not a gear head) and this could save them some work, time, money, ect.

So, everyone knows that you, JR, do not like Lawdog, maybe with good reason (yes, I remember the whole gay for lamont thing). Same goes for you ppridgen1, but can you either:

1. Don't click on the thread
2. Answer the question

Anyways, don't matter to me either way, someone was nice enough to answer the question that was asked, thanks steve j.

G

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ppridgen1 said:
yep, I've seen that posted, along with mixing fuel grades to save 37 cents a tankful so your wife doesn't have to work so hard while you post and sit around all day!
Furthermore, Someone needs to see in the manual, where it says to put the extra air for the spare tire!
pp, My bike didn't come with a spare tire but I got a spanner wrench. Anyone want to trade???

mania

G

·
Griiririan said:
Wow, a single 2-syllable word comes to mind, a$$hole. Whether or not this is Lawdog, I do see a legitmate question:

"There is quite a bit of upper-end noise as the bike runs and I was wondering if it could be quieted down some by tightening the cam chain."

Now, some new people could come to this board, thinking about asking a question, see your stupid responces to some guy asking a legitmate question, and another question goes unanswered/asked. Second scenario, someone is looking at the nut/bolt and is about ready to start wrenching on it, they don't know what it is (not a gear head) and this could save them some work, time, money, ect.

So, everyone knows that you, JR, do not like Lawdog, maybe with good reason (yes, I remember the whole gay for lamont thing). Same goes for you ppridgen1, but can you either:

1. Don't click on the thread
2. Answer the question

Anyways, don't matter to me either way, someone was nice enough to answer the question that was asked, thanks steve j.

G
First of all, I makes no sense why a guy who has no clue what he is putting a wrench on would continue. The bike is UNDER WARRANTY, there are only one or two bikes that have over 6000 miles even on the board.

I cannot speak for JR or ppridgen1 but from my point of view, the joking was a way to tell this guy, DO NOT TOUCH, YOU ARE NOT QUALIFED, TAKE IT TO THE DEALER. But apparently, this is the type of guy that the TANK Stickers are for and the sticker pressed into his visor in his car and the stupid sticker I have seen on the 06 Mustangs driver side windows.

Whatever, you give me a polite way to tell someone you are a Dumb AZZ and I will use it!!!

How bout a Homer Simpson Icon I would use that.

TAZ

·
Registered
317 Posts
raw_taz said:
First of all, I makes no sense why a guy who has no clue what he is putting a wrench on would continue. The bike is UNDER WARRANTY, there are only one or two bikes that have over 6000 miles even on the board.

I cannot speak for JR or ppridgen1 but from my point of view, the joking was a way to tell this guy, DO NOT TOUCH, YOU ARE NOT QUALIFED, TAKE IT TO THE DEALER. But apparently, this is the type of guy that the TANK Stickers are for and the sticker pressed into his visor in his car and the stupid sticker I have seen on the 06 Mustangs driver side windows.

Whatever, you give me a polite way to tell someone you are a Dumb AZZ and I will use it!!!

How bout a Homer Simpson Icon I would use that.

TAZ
+1 if you don't know what your doing then don't do it. all bikes make some kind of noise. if you don't want engine noise get an electric bike

+1 if you don't know what your doing then don't do it. all bikes make some kind of noise. if you don't like it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts