M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and girls,out of all the folks that have done maniacs mod to there rev. limiter and top speed limiter,how many have run there beast on gps to varifie speedo? What was your best speed so far,either radar varified or gps varified.. Thanks :evil: :doorag:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I got a better question, can everyone who did it now rip off full throttle upshifts at 7400rpm in 1st 2nd 3rd, and hit the limiter at 7400 in 5th?

That's my ONLY question?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
OMEGA said:
I got a better question, can everyone who did it now rip off full throttle upshifts at 7400rpm in 1st 2nd 3rd, and hit the limiter at 7400 in 5th?

That's my ONLY question?
I have an even BETTER question!
Where can I get the Balls to do that? I realized (Just before insulting my clutch 2 weeks ago) that when I am really getting on it
I am only using like 3/4 throttle :yikes:
I went down to Balls-R-us but they did not have the correct size. Nor did www.bigballs4u.com (backorder)

I am trying to keep the front wheel on the ground till my skills catch up to the balls I already have.

·
Registered
752 Posts
OMEGA said:

That's my ONLY question?
Yes except haven't tried 5th yet

·
Registered
61 Posts

That's my ONLY question?

Yes except haven't tried 5th yet
Ditto not thru 5th, got some balls on back order. :D

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
L-Train said:
I will do 5th tomorrow. My wife will be out of town.
My wife was out of town for a week and I was getting crazy with a group going across one of the bay bridges. Then it hit me, can you imagine the phone call to my wife that they just scraped me off the road. It would be bad enough when she is local but can't imagine what it would put her through having to get back into town to see what was left of me.

Of course I was doing about 110 on a rigid chopper and hadn't been on that stretch before. If I hit a bump at that speed on my ironhorse I think I would have broke a new top speed mark as I was shot from the bike. :cop: :cop:

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've had it flying in 5th, an indicated 150 plus before traffic forced me to back out of it. I'm definitely thrilled with the mod.
Taz's dyno run indicating 150 plus actual under dyno conditions should be enough proof for anyone of the (oh, my God!) factor the JRD3M makes.
It's definitely smoother and pulls harder down low making cornering much more fun.
My Cobra Slashdowns were also shipped today, and I'll throw those on with my 12000r fuel mgr as soon as I'm able. I get so excited!!!
Tomorrow, unfortunately, I'm scheduled for an MRI to try to figure out which old injury is keeping me from getting a leg over the saddle, or any sleep at night. I'm hoping it will be a simple cure thing. I'm held together with way too much titanium already, and have broken my back too many times so who knows.

·
Registered
168 Posts
After having ground problems or lack of ground  :joke: I've got mine working and yeah the rev limiter shuts me down in 1st through 4th at 7400 or so .I've only wound her up once past the old cut off point (no GPS on this run)149 on the speedo and still climbing but I ran into curves. I was sitting upright not hugging the tank so when someone tells me he can pull 150 on GPS I'm not gonna be shocked.Thanks for all the help with this it is GLORIOUS I couldn't believe the difference even after reading all the guys who did it saying petty much the same thing.I will say to avoid the problems I had don't just test the ground with a light if you have problems with this mod ground it to the battery if you're too lazy to really scrape the paint of the frame like me. ::)

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm glad you got the ground issue cleaned up. Fantastic mod that gives so much for so little investment. Now, I can't wait to get my new Slashdowns in and on the bike.
Jer

G

·
As the old saying goes, " Here comd da judge." I hope none of you guys are seceptible to tickets. But, good luck and be safe. It does sound fun, but I will admit I am chicken.

oldoldfart

·
Registered
168 Posts
Come on Old Fart you're gonna ride a bike like this ride it like ya stole it :doorag:  :D  ( like Taz says ) Naw I rarely do these kinda speeds and only on flat highways with no traffic at all that way if I lose it it's not gonna hurt anyone except maybe me . Ride Safe .   
   Dave.

G

·
I used to do that kind of riding when I was younger. I damn near got thrown in prison. Of course I had lost my license the a week earlier, the bike was'nt registered and was running an open exhaust system. The girl on the back did'nt help. It added wreckless driving to the ticket, and I don't think trying to out run the cop helped either.
Fortyeight hours later I was at Camp Pendelton CA. The year was 1966.

oldold

·
Registered
849 Posts
I was not topped out when my speedo read 150, I just ran out of room.
As to rather it's quicker down low, a coulple of my friends who drive 1800Xs could vouch for that better than I.  Although I beat them easily before, it's much easier now.
The right unit properly installed , and properly grounded is a great investment.
Does any one have good recommendations for setting my Cobra 12000R.  It's my intention to install that as soon as I get my new Cobra Slashdowns with the cross-over power port (they were shipped yesterday). Of course I have to be orthpedically able to do the work.  I may have to have a friend do it for me if I can figure out a way to get the bike to his house.
Excuse me if If I don't make a lot of sense, I'm on a lot of major drugs right now.
Jer

·
Registered
168 Posts
oldfart said:
I used to do that kind of riding when I was younger. I damn near got thrown in prison. Of course I had lost my license the a week earlier, the bike was'nt registered and was running an open exhaust system. The girl on the back did'nt help. It added wreckless driving to the ticket, and I don't think trying to out run the cop helped either.
Fortyeight hours later I was at Camp Pendelton CA. The year was 1966.

oldold
In 66 :eek: I would have thought back then they thought it was all just good clean fun . I don't recommend trying to out run the :cop: . If they see me flying I just stop and admit I was playing , they're often OK with it as long as it's not dangerous to others.They still give me a strong recommendation to go only 10 % over the limit.I've never been caught at insane speeds though, That might piss 'em off enough to throw the book at me ,hope i don't find out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts