M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many have done the mod maniac has listed in tech side? & what do they think about the mod? performance ect...

·
Registered
849 Posts
Reports are good. I'll let you know next week on my thoughts. I'm holding off for the more 'plug and play' harness that Wanted tracked down. It's been shipped but no mail on Monday so I'm figuring Tuesday.
Jer

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'll also be installing my F12000R for the 109 as it arrived yesterday, but I'd like to do one thing at a time so I've got a better idea what's doing what.
I've got my Cobra Speedster Slashdowns backordered from mHal, and I can't wait until I can get them and get them on.
I'm certain with the crossover Powerport technology that they'll do for now until more choices are available.
Jer

G

·
I will post as soon as I get my parts should be in a few days even if its only a small increse
anything is better than nothing, but I bet maniac is on to some thing big. hd2plze

·
Registered
181 Posts
jerbear said:
I'm holding off for the more 'plug and play' harness that Wanted tracked down. It's been shipped but no mail on Monday so I'm figuring Tuesday. Jer
I would be interested in a link to this harness

·
Registered
181 Posts
Chuck said:
I too ordered the 'plug and play' harness for the mod. The link is: www.jsdproducts.com
Thanks for the link, but what was the specific produt name did you order for the 109R?

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I picked up some resistors and a SDLP switch from Radio Shack today. I soldered the resistors inline to make the 2.7K Ohms resistance and soldered them to the switch and to a ground wire. I will finish the install tomorrow and see of it works. I spent 5 bucks, so if it works I will post pics and a simple wiring diagram. And don't worry it wasn't hard and I am by no means any kind of electronis whiz.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
ITguy I gotta tell ya
YOUR PIC/AVATAR?? ON THE LEFT THERE IS FREAKIN ME OUT!!!!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Is that Bono??? whoever it is, itis givin me the Heebee Jeebees :eek: :eek: :eek: And I dont know why? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
And has since you started using it!!

Whew I feel better now....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just got in from a 4hr. memorial weekend return trip on the bike, and my 2 kits were in the mailbox. 8) I'll check for fit tommorrow but the plugs look correct, not standard spade terminals. I had my stock plug apart for a possible intermittent problem and used dielectric grease when I snapped it together. I put around 500 miles on the bike this weekend, with no problems.. Their is a 3rd wire in the stock plug for neutral, I wonder how they will address that ? I'll know tommorrow!  :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Bono has done more for third world countries than Robert Plant ever has.

I say keep him. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
ITguy said:
Hey sled, yep that is bono. It was one of the default choices. I thought it was better than the britney spears image but I guess I can change it, if it will keep you from getting the heebee geebies. :p
hehehe
Changed to a VROD....
Much better, I forgot what they look like. I only see them in my mirrors now... :evil: :evil:

Sledzep

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
L-Train said:
Bono has done more for third world countries than Robert Plant ever has.

I say keep him. :bigthumbsup:
He sure has. I like alot of U2's older stuff. I just didnt like the pic :yikes:

on the other hand... Jimmy page does a tremenduous amount of work with ABC trust. A charity for street kids, mostly Brazil I believe.
His wife may have eve3n started it, not sure. Bono is still alot more political....

Sledzep

·
Registered
181 Posts
toneout said:
Just got the kit in the mail. Definitely not plug-n-play. Way beyond the limits of my patience. I have jumped the gun. JSD products is offering a set-up specifically for the M109R now.  :mad:
I jumped the gun myself, and will simply order a kit specific for the 109 when JSD has them for sale :verymad:

·
Registered
162 Posts
with the resistor to remove the gear retard one end goes to ground with the other end does that go to the plug side or to the longer pink wire side. not a great mind when playing with that side of things but i know i want to put the resistor in and open up those 3 gears and with the 200 extra revs you get can you remove the left hand air cleaner and whind the idle screw down thaks for the use of your brains 8)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Guys...you may just want to go with the JDS 3M it does the same thing, doesn't need a ground and is plug and play. Run a search on the JSD 3M. Hope this helps...

Devilish

1 - 19 of 19 Posts