M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
!!!!!!!!!!BIKE DOWN BIKE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Well coming home from work yesterday I had to use the services of a local towing company. My transmission broke on me. I was coming out of first at about 20mph and hit second and it sounded like it was stuck halfway between gears or something. I assumed it was the second gear issue that we all know to well. What I dont understand is that its doing it in every gear now not just second. It sounds pretty screwed up to me and I wasnt trying to screw it up any further so I called in Roadside Assistance. After a 2 hr wait I finally got home.
Does anybody have any suggestions with where to start on finding out what the issue is? I am open to suggestions. Oh yeah before anyone asks my bike is an 06 with 10500 miles. Help me out guys South Georgia has really good riding weather and I would like to attend MAM 2013.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Well coming home from work yesterday I had to use the services of a local towing company. My transmission broke on me. I was coming out of first at about 20mph and hit second and it sounded like it was stuck halfway between gears or something. I assumed it was the second gear issue that we all know to well. What I dont understand is that its doing it in every gear now not just second. It sounds pretty screwed up to me and I wasnt trying to screw it up any further so I called in Roadside Assistance. After a 2 hr wait I finally got home.
Does anybody have any suggestions with where to start on finding out what the issue is? I am open to suggestions. Oh yeah before anyone asks my bike is an 06 with 10500 miles. Help me out guys South Georgia has really good riding weather and I would like to attend MAM 2013.
Sorry about your bike but how does that classify as being "man down", When I see that I think a rider has gone down. Poor choice of words.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Wow, when I seen the thread "man down" I thought someone suffered a terrible crash! As much as it sucks for you for to be having problems with your bike, I'm glad it's the machine hurting and not you.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I would start at the rear wheel and work up to the trany rear hub make sure the drive shaft splines on both ends are ok the pull the secondary drive assembly off and check those gears good luck Bike broke down may have been a better

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Might be shift fork but if all gears may be clutch hub nut. Drain oil to assess for metal fillings. Put bike in gear 2, clutch out, rock to and fro in gear, listen.If hub loose......klunkedy klunk from cover.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh and when unloading the bike from the flatbed last night the bike was in gear and clutch pulled in the bike was not rolling very well. It was catching. When started you let the clutch out and it catches a little bit then sounds like a 1800CC coffee grinder. Not really loud but you can def tell its not right.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
It very well could be the dog ears on in the secondary output. If the ears sheared off, it would effect every gear and sound like it was grinding alot. Does the noise come from the left side/ right side/ center? My bet, this is what you have, fortunately it does not require pulling the motor to fix. However, it is not all that cheap of a fix either. Let us know.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Wording

As a retired law enforcement officer...man down is not something you ever want to hear. As a rider..you also never want to hear. That being said I am glad it was just mechanical failure and not any bodily injury. Hopefully you get your bike fixed soon.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry about your bike but how does that classify as being "man down", When I see that I think a rider has gone down. Poor choice of words.
:agree: You're current state is a problem but a biker going down, or to someone who lost a person close to them.... ...yeah, what Big-B said.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Sorry, but :agree:

·
Registered
860 Posts
How many people have to chime in about his poor choice of words? :dontknow: Landlubber & Big B politely correct him about it then you guys have to give your 2 cents. Enough already....Give the guy a break his bike is broke and if you want to help him out give him some technical support :eek:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank god some people on here understand. I should have chosen a better title but I didnt. I should know by the middle of next week what the issue is and I prob wont post about it for fear that I might say the wrong thing again:joke:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thank god some people on here understand. I should have chosen a better title but I didnt. I should know by the middle of next week what the issue is and I prob wont post about it for fear that I might say the wrong thing again:joke:
Naw... Feel free to post about it... We are all here to learn and help eachother...(And you already got chewed) Im sure alot of us want to know how it all works out for you.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Agreed!

How many people have to chime in about his poor choice of words? :dontknow: Landlubber & Big B politely correct him about it then you guys have to give your 2 cents. Enough already....Give the guy a break his bike is broke and if you want to help him out give him some technical support :eek:
Even a 5 year old will be upset if you keep going like a broken record!!!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
BTW, you can edit the title of your post easily. Just click edit post and click "go advanced" and it will allow you to edit the title.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.