M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you were gonna make up your own tool kit to carry on the 109, what all would you put in it?....... :confused:

any wrenchers have any suggestions on the most needed tools to carry, with out taking the whole tool box in the garage..... ;)

tc

·
Registered
516 Posts
Here is my tool kit..

Cellular telephone + Visa card

I am mechanically challenged, but will try to put in the 139Db airhorn today with awesome instructions PM'd to me by Bruno, thanks bro :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I would also add a flat repair kit and some very 1lb CO2 canisters for longer trips.. I'm thinking the frame pump from my mnt bike just wouldn't cut it on these tires :eek:

I kind of like the bar bags that Taz and his lady have on their bikes, they don't look out of place on the 109 and they are large enough to hold a patch kit and the co2 and probably even the other tools you might need for a breakdown. Will see if I can find a picture of it or one like it to post.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I replaced the 2 combo wrenchs they had in the kit with real ones. The longer ones will be in the handlebar bag.
I also have a flat kit, Some tie wire, and stuff.
I will probably add a mini first aid kit (gauze & Electrical tape)
OH Yeah, and
Some zip ties
I will probably fold up 4 $50.00 dollar bills and install them somewhere. A little emergency cash can work wonders!

Sledzep

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Lamont I was introduced to the mini ratchet set at work where it would be impossible to do some of the stuff we do without it. I was so impressed I bought one for myself. there is about every bit known to mankind in there so you really don't need anything else for screw drivers, torx drivers or allen drivers and it covers metric and sae. :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
steve j said:
Lamont I was introduced to the mini ratchet set at work where it would be impossible to do some of the stuff we do without it. I was so impressed I bought one for myself. there is about every bit known to mankind in there so you really don't need anything else for screw drivers, torx drivers or allen drivers and it covers metric and sae. :bigthumbsup:
Best little kit I've owned. I can't see being without one now. :doorag:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
DaltonH said:
Been looking, do you guys sell that on DLP bro?
I got this at one of the shows We want to get setup as a dealer but it's just about impossible to contact these people. No internet website and no phone number. I guess we could send them a sail mail but I'm not sure if we want to stock them that bad. ;) ::)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
90 bucks is a little steep. i bet you could find something similar to lamonts for half that.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I don't think you will find them much cheaper. most high tech industries use them, they are very heavy duty and the thing I learned about using them at work you can get into very tight places with them which is good when working on bikes. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts