M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a friendly tip when drilling out the baffles on your stock pipes ....

.... make sure the hole saw is REALLY tight while attached to the 12-15" extension .... don't ask me why!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
LOL, I nearly lost mine on the second baffle wall. Noticed it was loose when sticking it back in. My extension was designed for a much bigger hole saw with a bigger bit. Luckily it had an allen key to tighten it in place.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Medic1210 said:
LOL, I nearly lost mine on the second baffle wall. Noticed it was loose when sticking it back in. My extension was designed for a much bigger hole saw with a bigger bit. Luckily it had an allen key to tighten it in place.
Yes, a very simple task turned into a nightmare for me the other day - it's pretty funny now ... but not then!

The hole saw catually came off on the other side of the second baffle - after many, what I thought were briliant retrieval attempts, I then went out and bougt a larger diameter hole saw and got the other hole saw out with a reatrieval tool.

Fortunately, I first used a 1.25" dia hole saw - then enlarged the hole to a 1 3/8" ... live and learn.

Man did I feel stupid! .... and I am somewhat mechanically inclined ... or least I thought I was!

·
Registered
443 Posts
You guys are funny as he!!!!!! :joke: :clap2: :bow:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
instead of a holesaw bit use a uni-bit, much easier to use and no leftovers in the pipe except dust. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Words of experience......Make sure the pilot bit is very tight too!! If it is not, the bit slides in and the little circles fall off and it sounds like loose change in the pipes until you get a magnet and do some fishing!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts