M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just recently got my 109 and have noticed its not as big of a bike that I thought it was. Im 6'3" 285-290lbs "not fat" and I make this bike look small. Hell actually i make any bike look small. I was wondering if there are a few mods I could do that would help make the m109 appear larger insize?? Also, is there anyway to lower the seat? I know there are lowering links and what not but i mean physically lowering the seat so im not sitting so high on the bike.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Hey guys,

I just recently got my 109 and have noticed its not as big of a bike that I thought it was. Im 6'3" 285-290lbs "not fat" and I make this bike look small. Hell actually i make any bike look small. I was wondering if there are a few mods I could do that would help make the m109 appear larger insize?? Also, is there anyway to lower the seat? I know there are lowering links and what not but i mean physically lowering the seat so im not sitting so high on the bike.

Never heard anyone call the 9 "small". You can always add some hard bags to widen it out, and maybe some forward controls to stretch things out. I imagine you could have a custom seat made with less foam to lower your position but the frame being there will somewhat limit your options.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never heard anyone call the 9 "small". You can always add some hard bags to widen it out, and maybe some forward controls to stretch things out. I imagine you could have a custom seat made with less foam to lower your position but the frame being there will somewhat limit your options.
I didnt think it was possible either lol. But after sitting on it and riding it to work my buddies are all like dude you still make that bike look small lol. And less foam seat will probably mean a sore bottom after a hr or so. Thanks for ur feedback

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I had some of the foam cut out of the seat and a gel pad put in it. It's lower and it's comfortable. A wider tire in the back also helps it look wider.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Here's my suggestion...have your foam seat cut down and have it filled in with a memory foam and Gel insert combination. It is a fabulously comfortable combo. To make your 9 look bigger I suggest you get the Swampworks 2pc Swingarm to fit a 10" rear wheel with a 300 tire, and have IceBox or Futur R modify your rear inner fender for a 300mm rear tire to fit into. Next, I would purchase a set of 3 Degrees Raked Triple Trees to give the bike a slightly longer look without affecting the balance and performance of the bike at higher rates of speed. Next, I would purchase a custom wheels/tires combo set from Jeff at CoastalMoto.com consisting of a 10" x 18" rear wheel with a 300mm Metzeler tire and a 4.25" x 18" front wheel with a 160/60mm Metzeler tire mounted in reverse. They will come to you already mounted and balanced with Dyna Beads inside each wheel to prevent from using ugly and visible weights on the outside of the wheel like you see on most bike wheels. The set of wheels/tires will give your bike a big and robust look for sure. Also, I can assure you that all of those mods combined will certainly make your bike look bigger, and you less big while riding it. You may be thinking...wow that's going to cost a lot of money. It's not cheap for some of the good mods for this bike, but they're not unreasonable either. They are much less expensive than what it would cost to modify and upgrade a Harley. As you become more familiar with this forum and it's members you will find that many of us are willing to help out any way we can. You will also realize that there are many mods to be done that are surprisingly very very inexpensive, extremely creative and easy to do yourself. You have joined a family of very good people within this forum who will go above and beyond to help one another.

Welcome to the family, and good luck with your decisions.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Corbin seats are 1inch lower. Fatter tire on the rear will help. I'm 6'1'' 290 and you're right. I never thought the 9 was small till I got my F6B. The B is a lot longer and wider.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hey guys,

trade it for a c109

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
trade it for a c109
I disagree. If you are going to consider a cruiser such as a C109 you would be better off looking at the Triumph Rocket III...now that is a much bigger bike for sure. I have a good friend who owns one and it is a monster of a bike...not to mention it is loaded with power...2300 CCs to be exact.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
A Rocket III will definitely fit the bill for a larger, heavier and chunky bike. I LOVE MINE!

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
A Rocket III will definitely fit the bill for a larger, heavier and chunky bike. I LOVE MINE!
I plan on buying one some time in the future. I would consider trading one of my two 9s for a Rocket III (sports version) like the one you have in your Avatar. I have a Honda Rune also, but I will only get rid of that collectors item for a very handsome amount of money, because my wife loves riding 2 up on that bike. The Rocket III has really grown on me over the last couple of years. Also, I am addicted to power for some reason.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
As it's been said fatten up the rear tire and put a 160 on the front. Also check out some of the pictures on the forum. Some of the bikes just look "beefier" for lack of a better term. Fat front forks help out a lot IMO.
The first bike that came to mind was phatm9's ride. With the goodies he has put on it looks huge. Might be a direction you want to go. Can you say "show me the money!!"

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2857/10041223936_6996af4272_c.jpg

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I plan on buying one some time in the future. I would consider trading one of my two 9s for a Rocket III (sports version) like the one you have in your Avatar. I have a Honda Rune also, but I will only get rid of that collectors item for a very handsome amount of money, because my wife loves riding 2 up on that bike. The Rocket III has really grown on me over the last couple of years. Also, I am addicted to power for some reason.
What ever you do, don't sell that Rune. That's definitely worth keeping, as long as you can... what a beautiful bike!!

·
Registered
5,866 Posts
trade the 9 in for a boss hoss you will be all set

·
Registered
656 Posts
Im 6'4" 300lbs and yes i do make this bike look small but then again guys of our size will make even the biggest bikes look small. The are only 2 other cruisers that are bigger than the 9 and those are the Rocket 3 and the Boss Hoss. I like both of those but i love my 9! As far as the seat goes if you make it any lower your arse will be on the frame rails. lol the design of the bike makes it feels like we are riding high on the bike not in it like other bikes if you understand what im saying. I wouldn't worry it to much just go ride and enjoy the hell out of thw bike!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.