M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for ride today got home only to find rubber all over exhaust.....:edit:.
Not sure if I did it, didn't see any major melt down on shoes. Wondering if someone sat on her while i was in the store....Tried oven cleaner, didn't touch it. Also used stove top cleaner, nothing. Melted material is thick as cold candle wax. HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Oven cleaner works on warm pipes and let it set for 10 to 15 minutes. I ues Easy off oven cleaner works great. After you get it off use chrome cleaner to remove residue.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Oven cleaner works on warm pipes and let it set for 10 to 15 minutes. I ues Easy off oven cleaner works great. After you get it off use chrome cleaner to remove residue.
:agree: Never had any problem w/ Easy Off in the blue can. Has worked great!!!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
A guy I used to work with had shoe rubber melted on his pipe from his wife's feet slipping off the pegs. I used a buffing wheel and polishing rouges to burnt it right off. Afterwards, you couldn't even tell it was there.

-Josh

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yep worked for me on the rental I had on my trip...

Thanks to BullRider and YourHero for the tips and moral support as I scrubbed.... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts