M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a white 07 M109R with 3400 miles and it seems to have a main seal leak. Only a little oil seems to come out (only while bike is running)

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if it's normal for this kind of mileage ?

Any help appreciated, thanks !

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
What are you calling the main seal? The most common one that leaks is the seal for the secondary drive, which shows up as oil under the front of the drive shaft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The oil is actually coming out of the left Air intake. I was told that this could be that it has to much oil? Can this be true? Anybody?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Okay??? Are you a buddy of his or do you have two usernames?

Big difference between an engine seal and left air filter!:eek:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The oil is actually coming out of the left Air intake. I was told that this could be that it has to much oil? Can this be true? Anybody?
Just a bit impatient...

Okay??? Are you a buddy of his or do you have two usernames?

Big difference between an engine seal and left air filter!:eek:
:agree:What gives?:dontknow:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok So Im getting tortured here cause he said one thing and I said another. He was trying to help. The oil is coming out the left air filter and doesn't leak when it is parked just As I ride. I was thinking to much oil? What do you think?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Okay. That makes sense. Left Air can be overfill, plugged filters, increased crank case pressure due to after market exhaust....etc. There's about one thousand threads on here about that. Run a search for "Oil Left Air filter" several results will come up. Read them and decide which one would be best to help your bike the treatment can be different for each bike. If you've added any oil at all without using the proper oil check method it's probably overfill.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Ok So Im getting tortured here cause he said one thing and I said another. He was trying to help. The oil is coming out the left air filter and doesn't leak when it is parked just As I ride. I was thinking to much oil? What do you think?
Thanks
Nobody's trying to torture you. We only waterboard here.:joke:

Some people forget their password then create a second account. I was making sure that wasn't the case. It get's confusing for people. Mainly me.:D

:welcome:we all have developed some degree of thick skin around here.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hi all, I'm buring around a 1/2 quart every 500 miles, is this normal or should I look for something?

2006 stock

10000 miles...
Burning or leaking? What weight oil are you using? If you live in an area where the summer is over 80 degrees, you should be running 20-50 IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts