M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Awesome find. Wish I would have found that when I bought my last bike and put AM pipes on it. The service dept.(and owner) were a pain in the...

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its still worlds better to have a dealer who knows and understands it than just having the proof to show some Asshat dealers...

I believe the auto industry is leading the way in this. It seems that more and more dealers are a little more OK with "accessories" because they realize that some ARE well engineered and can be trusted. Which means a whole new revenue stream for them if they embrace them..

Even on this board you have some dealers who have installed pipes and a PCIII for some of the guys here.

Sledzep

·
Registered
171 Posts
Does this also apply to the extended warranty? The extended warranty is NOT provided by Suzuki.

My first experience with the SEP was horrible. They did not want to pay their share of the rental car I needed because it was not a motorcycle! Unbelievable.

I can just imagine the hoops to go through to get them to properly repair something more serious than the coolant leak I had.

I had a parts guys at another dealer tell me that I MUST replace the stock tires with the SAME tires or I void the warranty. Also that I MUST use the Suzuki oil filter.

I am about to take mine in for new tires and plugs. I can hardly wait.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know there are some reputable 3rd party warranty companies but I would only buy one from the manufacturer.

Much less hassles that way.

I am no lawyer (but I watch them on TV :D ) But I think this would also apply to 3rd party groups too.

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Sled,

I think we should ask Lamont if there is someway to keep this info somewhere where we the board can reference it when ever. Once this thread goes down past a page or two, I'm affraid thisinfo will be lost to most folks.

Remember you have to know about it before you can search about it some cases. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Chuck

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Chuck said:
Sled,

I think we should ask Lamont if there is someway to keep this info somewhere where we the board can reference it when ever. Once this thread goes down past a page or two, I'm affraid thisinfo will be lost to most folks.

Remember you have to know about it before you can search about it some cases. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Chuck
That's what I use "bookmarks" for. ;) :D

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chuck said:
Sled,

Chuck
I am betting you just did ask him. He reads nearly everything as far as I can tell.

Sledzep

1 - 17 of 17 Posts