M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I know someone has to have a magnetic tank bag. I'm looking for one that's cool looking
and is waterproof. Anyone know of a good one?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Take a look in the sport bike world. I have a Joe Rocket one that looks alright :confused: on a cruiser (if that can be said at all about tank bags)

G

·
I have the Givi and it does its job. It has a rubberized bottom and I am noticing some little impressions in the paint on the tank. Maybe its because of the miles it has been on.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Cortech makes a great one, the super mini I think it is, works great, and has a cover to put over it for rain use...

Holds my riding gear just fine :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had one on for 2200 k's - they're not great for the paint and I'm going to put a cloth in between next time...

...they are perfect for the camera, shades / clear lenses, extra gloves, smokes, another map, bottled water, do-ray, ipod, kleenex, chapstick, eye drops, sunscreen, ball cap, wallet, spare batteries, a quick place to stow the GPS when it get's miserable outside...

...other than that they're pretty useless. :doorag:

·
Registered
256 Posts
i have a joe rocket magnetic tank bag i use also...not near as big as the one hal has and not totally waterproof either, especially in a heavy rain...but only paid like $50 for it........but it is allright for what i use it for...wallet, phone, keys, camera...etc...

hangs on really good......even well into triple digits... :D

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...d=407&productId=505667&leafCatId=40709&mmyId=

tc

G

·
I have a Rapid Transit and love it,
it has a pocket for your cell (out fount with a plastic face cover so you can see if someone tries to call you) or you can use it for handheld GPS or Ipod, a clear plastic map cover, a isolated water bladder pouch that has a place for the hose to come out of the bottom, about 6 internal pockets to store everything in an orderly fashion a big main compartment to put your tools and quick fix stuff. an internal Ipod or MP3 pouch that has a water proof audio outlet so you can plug in on the road and 4 external compartments (one designed to hold glasses) and another water proof pouch underneath to store important things. O ya and a key hook inside to store your key and some cool straps so you can turn it into a back pack. (can you tell I love this bag.) it was very cheap >100 and works well even over 100mph. (I however don't)

downside (not very water proof under a down poor but fine with normal rain that you can ride in.)

O ya one more thing it has double flaps to store your dollars and change :D and everything has a cool label to explain what each pouch is for (I think thats for the organizationally challenged)

·
Registered
289 Posts
BigBen said:
Cortech makes a great one, the super mini I think it is, works great, and has a cover to put over it for rain use...

Holds my riding gear just fine :)
I bet it looks something like this:

·
Registered
5 Posts
DHS-IEA said:
Alright guys, I know someone has to have a magnetic tank bag. I'm looking for one that's cool looking
and is waterproof.  Anyone know of a good one? Â
dont do it!! we need saddle bags.... friends with the magnetic ones def leave scratches!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
one-oh-niner said:
dont do it!! we need saddle bags.... friends with the magnetic ones def leave scratches!!
With my VTX and now my M, I never had any issues with scratches from the bag... But, I also wipe her down with Honda's Pro Clean before I put the bag on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts