M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
The man in the second video went down wearing shoes, and came up bare foot. :dontknow: I once saw a guy riding a harley in flip flops. Why?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
must be a slick spot there..... and CROCs, WTF was he thinking...???
If you watch closely in all three of them, there is a band across the road just before they start losing it. The last one is harder to see because there are several bands, but you can tell the last one is the same as the first two. Maybe a fuel spill or something.

·
Registered
511 Posts
So what I dont understand is... Is the guy who is filming all these, filming with the intent of watching people go down? If so... Not cool!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
The guys who films them has a website. He doesn't set them up, they just happen. Its a really "dangerous" piece of road that catches out a lot of new players. I'll hunt it down, I think its bookmarked on my work computer

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
If you pause it right before they go down it looks like someone splashed a liquid on road at the worst possible spot (you can see where the banking caused it to run across the road. Fishy?

·
Registered
57 Posts
We can check on the second one what danger could mean the poles of guardrails or traffic signs. If the biker slim under the guardrail the pole can cut away him.
How happened here already. :'(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looked to me that the idiot in crocks actually put his foot down just before the slide began and the scooter pivoted around his foot. The hypermotard guy seems he is trying to be like Rossi as well. Yes there maybe something on the road but not all the bikes ended up in the guardrail, maybe technique has a bit to do with it, eh?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
on 3rd video you can see the back tire leaving a dashed line at first before he spins out............ ever drive across a water spot in your cage while under throttle and feel tires spin then catch then spin again as the wet part of tire makes contact again ?

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Man that first guy was really lucky. I would have thought that he would have broken his hip. And what can you say about the guy wearing Crocks? I saw a guy in OC, MD this summer barefoot ridding a motorcycle. :eek:

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I have ridden that road lots of times, it is a 180 degree turn. there is always a guy sitting there filming and taking photos, that is one of his jobs, he sells the photos on the net.

The are guys that spend the entire day riding up and down that road. Everyone knows there is someone filming or shooting photos so most people are trying to put on a show. Guys hot dog through that turn all day long and only the nimrods who go in over there head and panic end up like that.

I think the first 2 would have made it if they would have just leaned a bit more instead of panicking and trying to stop. The 3rd, well I don't think dirt tires were meant to stick on asphalt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts