M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
     I'm fairly new to the board.  Saw the 109 in person last Friday, Rode it home the next Day !  Violet Blue.   Thought I wanted the Black, but When I saw the Blue  in the sun,  I  loved it.
Anyways,  on to my brush with fame  ::)

The ride into work Wed was a bear.  30 degrees at 70  wasn't a bit cool.  Decided that After Work, I needed to get some warmer gloves.    The boiler where I work ruptured some tubes, so I got sent home early, 10 am, so that I could come back for night shift on the repair.  I knew I needed to get home and try to sleep, but come on,  who's kidding who !  I got a M109R sitting in the parking lot begging me to go for a nice long ride in the sun.   Around noon, I am nearing the house and decide to stop and get some warmer gloves.  Closet bike dealer from my house sells Honda, Victory, and I believe Kawi ( saw some Vulcans. )   So I roll into the parking lot and back my bike  in a spot near the  lot edge because the whole front of the store had bikes pouring out all over waiting for buyers.   I head across the lot to the door.  Out front is what looks to be a salesman, a business suit, and what I think is his son,  waiting  to get a bike.   

Well, one is the owner/manager of the shop,  the suit is a local news channel reporter, and the young guy is his cameraman.  I approach the fron door, and the news guy says " Hey that's a really nice looking bike "   I'm all smiles.  He then asks me if I would mind answering some questions, and let them take some video of my bike.  I say "  sure , sounds good "
We leave the bike shop guy standing there with all his VTX's and Victory's, scooters, sportbikes, etc and head across the parking lot to the Best looking bike on the lot.  They ask me if I'd mind sitting on it while they asked me some questions  so I did.  Picture me,  Carhart work Jacket ( clean at least ),  and a Camo Ingerrsol Rand ball cap I put on.   Questions were about mileage,  I told them  in the  40's highway, 30's city. Asks me when I got it,  was gas prices a reason for the purchase etc etc.   I said "sure, plus it's a whole lotta fun "

Now it's time for some real video !   They ask me to start it,   and they videotape the motor and pipes,  then tire from a 45.  Ask me to rev it, I oblige, and that is a throaty sound.
Next,  they ask if I would ride it around for them while the camera follows me.  I tell them sure,  and ask if they want me to go into the street and back.   Answer,  " no, just around the parking lot will be good.  So I  put it into first, and  roll slowly around the parked VTX, Victory's etc etc.  with the cameraman following me the whole way  ;)     

Well, I thought the guy from the shop that they ditched was going to have a fit,  I parked the bike, they thanked me and told me how great the bike was over and over and over.  I took off my helmet,  and walked in and bought myself a pair of gloves  ;)   

The Story played at 6pm  in spokane WA,   my wife watched it,  and everyone we know,  and my buddy saved it on a DVD for me ( I hope )   I had to return to work at  6 pm, and just saw a brief shot of me on my bike in the lot as an upcoming story  during the 5 pm news.    Feeling pretty smug and smiley is an understatement !

·
Registered
817 Posts
HOLY LIVIN' S#*%... :eek: If I had been the owner, I'd have been PISSED beyond belief. Here you are driving a Suzi around his lot... LOL

I wonder if he got any calls -- "Hey, do you have a bike like the one on the news? I want one of those!" :D BWAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well,  those morons wasted the good video, me throttling hard, side view of motor from 45 deg rear view, etc etc.  Mostly what you get is my ugly mug answering the dumb questions and starting my slow victory roll through the lot.  Irony is, the next shot in the clip is .....  not his bikes on the lot he really wants to sell,  big ones, but a row of scooters :)

http://www.krem.com/  go here,  left side of web page Krem2 news casts,  wed may3rd  6pm.  3 minutes into the news the clip starts.  My 30 seconds of fame.  Didn't even give me any good audio.  Looking back, maybe if I woulda laid a strip, but then they would have prob not used any of my vid .....

My best guess, since on shop sold 39 bikes in a day last Sat here, he's probably been flooded w/ calls wanting that bike ;)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Jig said:
Well,  those morons wasted the good video, me throttling hard, side view of motor from 45 deg rear view, etc etc.  Mostly what you get is my ugly mug answering the dumb questions and starting my slow victory roll through the lot.Â
That's show biz! :joke:

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's too cool... good thing you didn't stall out!

KREM is the cable feed for US that we here in Edmonton get...

(nice gear for riding... LOL!) :joke:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts