M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Tuesday it was 60 degrees in south jersey so a riding buddy and I went for a ride. He has a brand new 2010 Harley CVO. 35 grand. We stop for a cup of coffee and these two guys walk up and look at my 9 . They say thats the nicest bike they have ever seen. The look on my friends face was worth a million bucks. I did'nt have the heart to bust his balls. I just said thank you and the guys looked for a little while and left. They never even glanced at his $35,000 bike. What a day . My face still hurts from smiling so much.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I ride with guys that have harley's often. My bike is always the topic of discussion when we stop off somewhere and they get so pissed. To make matters worse there always trying to play catch up when we ride which does'nt help them either. Get used to it bro

·
Registered
169 Posts
head turn

there is no doubt that the 9 is a muscle bike that gets the attention of adults and kids. A number of times this summer people seem to creep up beside you on the highway to look at the bike, and yes it put's a smile on my face everytime.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I am still getting used to all the looks it gets.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I also still get the looks and questions....But one funny comment i've heard a couple of times when a harley pull up in the next lane...is..." I HEARD THOSE THINGS ARE FAST".....Witch only means another 9 owner has already spanked his ass and now he will only say nice things to keep another 9 from spankin his ass again..:D:p^-^

·
Registered
474 Posts
Went with my buddy to the Harley dealer so he can show the sales manager his night train he bought there and spent big dollars on upgrades there too, and when he came outside he saw my 9 parked next to his and the first words out of his mouth before anything else was "you know that thing will spank yours, right?" hehe. Priceless.

At least not all Harley owners/sales guys are unrealistic. Lol

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Amazing how the 9 stands out in any crowd. Before I bought mine, The same thing would happen when I was out riding w/ friends that owned 9's. It's like other bikes aren't even seen.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
He has a brand new 2010 Harley CVO. 35 grand........They never even glanced at his $35,000 bike. What a day . My face still hurts from smiling so much.
I assume he has the CVO StreetGlide. I have a riding buddy with the same bike. It actually is a nice bike if you like baggers but NOT $35K NICE! Older true Harley guys will tend you like other Harleys and ignore the M109R (shocking I know). Then they secretly go home later and pleasure themselves to image of the M109R they saw. :eek:

If I had $35k to blow on a motorcycle I'd purchase (3) $12k each really nice bikes and have my 9, a bagger & a bobber. :doorag:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts