M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left Boiling Springs, SC this morning about 8AM and made it home about 7:30PM tonight. 697 miles. NOt great time but not bad. My legs were really locking up on me this afternoon. Had to stop and stretch quite often.

Saw a lot of vehicles headed north out of Florida because of the hurricane. Even saw the Goodyear blimp support crew headed north. The blimp must have been out there some where.

When I got to the Pompano Beach Plaza I saw something I had forgot about - - - - GAS LINES. All the way out of the plaza and onto the turnpike. When I got home my wife was gone and I called her. She was 30th in line for gas some place. Haven't seen her yet. So everyone will have a full tank of gas for this storm I guess.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Lamonster said:
You are one riding fool! :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:
You ain't kidding! He has got to have the record for the most miles on any 109 to date.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Glad you made it home safe :bigthumbsup: ........................ now just stay that way through that hurricane ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Glad you got home safe Hal :bigthumbsup: I don't wish a hurrican on anyone - but am just grateful that Ernesto turned east - we don't need another one here in New Orleans - hell, we're still not over Katrina - and its been exactly one year today since that nasty old lady wiped out our city :cus: One year and still lots of rebuilding to do. Stay safe Bro!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Its always good to be home after a long trip. Hopefully you manage with the gas lines. Let's hope Ernesto does minimum damage and we can resume our daily lives.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good to see ya home safely...My Mom lives in Naples...She is flying to the Philippines on Wed.....My brother and I are going to meet her in Chicago during a lay-over, for lunch...Hope she doesn't get grounded....Keep your head down

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Good going Hal. I had a thought that since you have most likely ridden the most on your 109, you could put up a post for newbies or potential 109 owners concerning your experience with the bike. What you like, what needs to be improved if anything, what accessories make sence..... This could be a permanent post which stays up on top.

What do you think?

Chuck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got out of work late last night and guess what? my truck is on empty... going to have to get in line...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chuck said:
Good going Hal. I had a thought that since you have most likely ridden the most on your 109, you could put up a post for newbies or potential 109 owners concerning your experience with the bike. What you like, what needs to be improved if anything, what accessories make sence..... This could be a permanent post which stays up on top.

What do you think?

Chuck
I think the trouble would be that it is "my" experience and others may have different results such as the post from yesterday for the bike that was just sold so he could buy a HD.

But I do think it is a very good bike and does a lot of the things I like real well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know my brother lives in Charleston SC and he is saying the same thing long gas lines. But the gas stations are not selling regular just plus and super. Now, the gas stations say that they are out of regular but I think they just want to make money. What do you guys think?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts