M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in riding with me down to Elizabethtown to their annual "Made In The Shade" Car show. There are about 250-300 cars there every year. Not sure if they are having it this time, but the last time I went, they had about a dozen bikes on display. The best thing about this car show, it that it is held in a pecan grove, on grass. No hot asphalt or blazing sun. It is about a 2 hr, or less ride from Raleigh with some good roads that we found on our trip to Myrtle Beach (thanks for the info Frontrunner).
The date for the show is August 14th. I will post up leave times later this week.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Wish I was still in the neighborhood. :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
93 Posts
cool

cool

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in riding with me down to Elizabethtown to their annual "Made In The Shade" Car show. There are about 250-300 cars there every year. Not sure if they are having it this time, but the last time I went, they had about a dozen bikes on display. The best thing about this car show, it that it is held in a pecan grove, on grass. No hot asphalt or blazing sun. It is about a 2 hr, or less ride from Raleigh with some good roads that we found on our trip to Myrtle Beach (thanks for the info Frontrunner).
The date for the show is August 14th. I will post up leave times later this week.
I might be in expecially if we can plan in a trip to Fullers in lumberton

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it is food:drool:, I am in. I guess you could say I am an official "Will Ride for Food" member. I don't go out of the way for bars, since I don't drink, but as my photos show, I will "Ride for Food".
My wife and I were discussing my new diet plan this morning. I told her I could diet and work out to get in great shape. Then get run over by some idiot on the road. I don't want someone looking in my casket just saying "He looks good". I would rather they say "He looks (fat and) happy". :joke:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sounds good to me keep me posted. Bearcat I'm back from my trip.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
918 Posts
I don't want someone looking in my casket just saying "He looks good". I would rather they say "He looks (fat and) happy". :joke:
I like to tell folks . . . don't put my relatives in my obituary . . . put the foods I liked to eat . . . that way, folks will know I enjoyed life! :eek:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
If it is food:drool:, I am in. I guess you could say I am an official "Will Ride for Food" member. I don't go out of the way for bars, since I don't drink, but as my photos show, I will "Ride for Food".
My wife and I were discussing my new diet plan this morning. I told her I could diet and work out to get in great shape. Then get run over by some idiot on the road. I don't want someone looking in my casket just saying "He looks good". I would rather they say "He looks (fat and) happy". :joke:
Yeah BBQ and great food at that!!! I have been to the Lumberton location never the Fayetteville one... (dont matter to me which)

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hwy 87 leads right out of E town and into Fayeteville, but we can flip a coin as to which one we go to. All is good to me.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hwy 87 leads right out of E town and into Fayeteville, but we can flip a coin as to which one we go to. All is good to me.
Flip a coin? Race you for it!!!:p

I really don't care just dont hold me responsible for the food if the fayetteville location is not as good.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Looks like 41 to 87 takes to right to Fuller's in Lumberton... :drool:

Provided a coupon it says on good in Fay. but I have confirmed that Lumberton honors it as well!... (well this is a Keith trip!!!)

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know I am in for some bbq now. I am always in for food, but food with a coupon taste even better.
Unless someone has other plans, you can meet at my place at 7:45 and we can pull out at 8:00. Post up if you are going, and I will shoot you an address.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You know I am in for some bbq now. I am always in for food, but food with a coupon taste even better.
Unless someone has other plans, you can meet at my place at 7:45 and we can pull out at 8:00. Post up if you are going, and I will shoot you an address.
i'm going

1 - 20 of 34 Posts