M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my scorpion tip install on my 90 thought i would post since i havint posted in awhile

·
Registered
381 Posts
That looks great.... you beat me to it.... i am hoping to have the tips ordered in another week or 2.

·
Registered
381 Posts
That really opens up the swing arm... going to have to send that out to be chromed when i do the rims i guess.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Me too!

This **** is not as easy as it looked, lots of fabricating and heat shield modding...
maybe make a bracket for them in the back so they dont vibrate their heat shields.. any ways some pics too tired to label them off, but have a look-see

Long tubes cut off, fitting the scorpion tips wondering how to fit top heat shield.

had to hack some heat shield flanges because it wouldnt fit around the tip, welded in a piece of metal under the top shield to hide blueing and threaded a pipe clamp through

removed the chrome heat shield from stock exhaust and fitted over bottom scorpion exhaust to measure where to cut the heat shield

Cutting the bottom chrome heat shield

the bottom heat shield cut

bottom heat shield welded in a piece of metal to thread a clamp through, yes it blue but its at the bottom so you can see the tack weld blue spot.

basically the only thing holding on the shield is the fabricated clamps and a metal tab.

rode home and vibration slid up the clamps and heat shield out of it's tab, so i plan on removing the exhaust and jb welding the clamps in place so they dont slide or move..

so yehhh.. not exactly made for the 90 =X

1 - 9 of 9 Posts