M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ,

i know that there is a post´s with my question,
but i dont realy got the answer about it.
so here it comes is it normal with vibration in the handlebar´s under acceleration
and when i drive at low speed.
i hope i spelled right (i´m from sweden)

my bike 2009 m90 (m1500 in europe)

·
Registered
29 Posts
To some extent, sideways shake with the engine is normal, especially when in high gear and low rpm and accelerating. Use lower gear to get rid of the shaking.

Greetings from Finland.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The rubber isolators between the upper triple tree and the risers will cause the bar to move and vibrate too. And a higher rpm (lower gear) will make this go away for the most part.

Has anyone removed the isolators? I noticed that vibration but also under heavy cornering and low speed turning the front end feels like a wet noodle. Can those rubbers be eliminated easily?

Not trying to high jack the post but I think that will kill two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My limited experience with this bike is it does not like to be lugged, though the style and ensign impart that laid back lazy cruising feeling. If I get lazy and lug the bike shudders and shakes. Give it some RPM in a lower gear and it smoothes out wonderfully.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok
I just got to get use to the shake,
my last bike was a marauder 800 so it´s a big different to ride a 800 and a 1500,
well it´s god to hear from other people there experience of the bike.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yup long stroke V twin engines will shake. Especially at low RPM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeh completely normal, first time I rode a big Vtwin I thought something was wrong till I realised that each piston was twice the capacity of my 400. I think the bully does it well I pulled up beside a big HD at the lights the other day and man I thought that thing was going to shake apart it was really rockin.
cheers
azza

·
Registered
80 Posts
I like the shake. I hope a tre doesn't smooth out the motor too much. If I wanted something as smooth as glass I would have bought another rocket.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you like the handlebar shake, don't worry, no change when TRE installed. If you like the low gear throttle surging at low speeds gears 1-3, then too bad, that is greatly reduced by the TRE. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts