M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st post..Avid lurker.. This site is GREAT!!

Wanted to get back on a bike… it had been many years… wanted the m109 right of the bat, but thought lots of bike …. better start off a little smaller.. Ride for six months and then trade up…

BIG mistake… got the m50 black.. Liked the style.. Figured at 550 lbs. Would get me back into it ok…

I live in Vegas…. Very windy… couldn’t keep it on the road…. couldn't keep up with my buds

Went in Yesterday for my 600 mile service… only one m109 in stock been on the floor for an hour and a half…. I wanted black again… this one was silver…

Long story short… traded keys… I had paid cash for the m50… I paid some MORE cash…

The silver one is mine…. Rode last eve… this afternoon can’t wait till the am… going out again…

Man now this is a motorcycle!!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Congrats! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Congrats....and know your pain.... ;) I traded off my vtx1800 for a(225 R.E.D) digger,,and then wanted another bike...only had @ the time 7k cash...went to a few places,,looked at the new m50 @ the time,,,but wanted to ride it first...no one wanted to let me test ride but 1 stealer ...Well long story short..I rode it.,,and hated it..(no offense to any m50 owners)(walked away),,but you have to understand...I came off a 1800c honda..and it was just so tiny to me...I ended up saving alittle more money...and ended up with a 04 marauder 1600.... which was nice and fun to ride....,,(left over model)(8800 out the door),,and low and behold ,shortly after ,,a few months to be exact,,I hear the rumors of zuki building the m109r....I followed closely...and well...now I have one... :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome fellow Vegan.I've been away from bikes since about 93 and one ride on the 109 and I was hooked!Man they are great! Enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
:welcome: and enjoy your new bike :D

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Welcome aboard. I did the same thing, bought an M50 to get back into riding with. Paid cash. Rode for 6 mos and had to have a 109. Except I'm keeping the M50. My spousal unit will be taking the MSF riding course in August and she will start riding the M50. Well the plan is she'll ride it. Time will tell on that one. The M50's a really nice riding bike and great to learn on or get your butt back in the saddle with. If wifey doesn't ride it, I may make a bobber out of it just for something different.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yep same thing here. Had a M50 (Volusia). Got tired of getting smoked from the light. No prob now. Though wife really misses the backrest, since I about lose her from a trffic light!

·
Registered
190 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Welcome! I know how you feel....after getting mind, I would have slept with it the first few nights if the wife would have let me!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I came close to buying the VTX1300 thinking along the same lines. I also had not ridden in a while. But I finally realized why own the rest when you can have the best.

No regrets. :welcome: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys for all the kind words...... hey Dan Tanna.. being that you are in Vegas.... we should chat...

yep.. black was what i wanted, but the silver is a good second choice.... i would have waited if those two colors were not a choice....... silver looks classy

as for the guys who mentioned the m50.... i think that the bike was 1. best for a woman...size and all... 2. that it was great around the town...just not on the open highway... 3. my wife is not cut out to drive a bike....

man this bike is an attention getter... not to mention a chick magnet.... funny to watch the guys in tow as the babes are all over it!!!!

250 miles on the bike... i would have more if EVERYONE didn't want to talk about the bike when i stop......

BTW...

if you can... i have a problem with how the bike runs... this is posted on the tech page of this site...any help is appreciated...mjm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts