M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that in 2008 Suzuki plans to replace the M109R with a 2,000 cc motor Boulevard. Supposed to have close to 160 horses and 130 ft/lbs of torque. Don't know the cost yet but I'll be trading in my 2006 for the newer, bigger, better one.

mania

·
Registered
666 Posts
.......and where did you hear this ..???... hmmmmmmm its not from some guy at the bar after 6 beers :beer3: is it?

lol :D

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Again, you guys are pretty gullible. Look at the post starter.

This would be a logical progression for Suzuki, but given the guy that started the thread, I have trouble believing a word of it. Besides, those are big numbers for just a couple hundred cc's. Not saying they couldn't be acheived, but I find it unlikely in the pricepoint of the 109.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Wouldn't be that hard to do. The piston is already 4.4 inches across,just Leighton the stroke,and make the cylinders longer,presto! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
No way!!!!..would Suzuki tool up for this motor and ditch it in such short time..look how long the 1400 'intruder' has been produced..this bike is doing too well for any changes except maybe minor..year by year differences.
I agree Lawdog/Mania is just being a 'dickhead' as usual..and winding us up!!!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ron S said:
Wouldn't be that hard to do. The piston is already 4.4 inches across,just Leighton the stroke,and make the cylinders longer,presto! :bigthumbsup:
Unfortunately this would defeat much of the purpose of these big pistons. They made the pistons so large specifically so they could have the really short stroke, giving this engine the performance edge over the competitors.

·
Registered
292 Posts
MY GOD....ITS ALMOST DARK......THEY'LL BE WAKING UP SOON......sorry LOST MY SELF FOR A SECOND :D :dontknow: ::) ::)Suzuki made the gv1200 for only 2 years in 1985 and it was a way superior to the magna......and then nothing.............lets just hope that that history doesn't repeat itself........I don't think it will ...........the M109R looks like the 21st century.....it is simply the beginning

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yeah! I like it pretty much as is,but there's allways room for improvement :bigthumbsup:.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
109 mania said:
I've heard that in 2008 Suzuki plans to replace the M109R with a 2,000 cc motor Boulevard. Supposed to have close to 160 horses and 130 ft/lbs of torque. Don't know the cost yet but I'll be trading in my 2006 for the newer, bigger, better one.

mania
I heard that if you trade in your bike now they will give you the full price you paid for it so hurry up and run back down to your dealer before it's too late. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
To much of a leap to quick...Suzuki spent a few dollars building this bike and it's selling great , why would they change it in 2 years ?

·
Registered
665 Posts
This is America! Bigger is better,New Improved, Ect. How many of you would trade up to a 2000cc Machine if it was available next year? :pop: :pop: PS. While we are at it, ask Lamont why he likes his Boss Hogg?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Ron S said:
This is America! Bigger is better,New Improved, Ect. How many of you would trade up to a 2000cc Machine if it was available next year? :pop: :pop:Â PS. While we are at it, ask Lamont why he likes his Boss Hogg?
Incorrect question...or rhetorical one. Last I looked, there is a 2000cc machine available now. ;)

G

·
Ron S said:
PS. While we are at it, ask Lamont why he likes his Boss Hogg?
Maybe but you may discover that his Boss Hoss is still in pieces since he found this new love called the M109.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Your right,Hal I haven't been so happy with a bike like this, for a long time :bigthumbsup:.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts