M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First can i say that this a fantastic site...... loads of info and tips on the bike.

I have just purchased a M1800R Intruder ( thats what the bikes called over here in UK ) In Black. the fastest colour I understand from this site.
are there any other UK owners on this site ????

For you Guy`s over in the states, I have done 250 miles on the bike so far, what things should I be aware of, I would like to do a few mods to make the bike personal to me, but not sure where to start and also not sure if we can get the parts for mods over here in the UK as this bike seems to be very rare in the UK. Suzuki seem to limit the number they send over to England.

Any help or info would be Great

Many Thanks

Agean

·
Registered
366 Posts
:welcome: and :congrats:

Well, if you couldn't find Silver, then Black IS :eek: :eek: the 2nd fastest color :D.

I know that there are a few from the UK on here. I'm sure that they'll chime.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brim Reaper said:

Well, if you couldn't find Silver, then Black IS :eek: :eek: the 2nd fastest colour :D.

I know that there are a few from the UK on here. I'm sure that they'll chime.
Black is the only colour available in the UK for 2008, Suzuki did allow 75 limited edition blue with the white stripe bikes to come to the UK in 2007. I did say that these bikes are very rare over here.

Regards

Agean.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
twin said:
start with pipes
we have very strict noise regulations in the UK, are there any pipes that will make it better but not attract the attention of the Police. if the bike is too loud then its a fine and 3 points on your license in the UK

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts

Mods are so personal it's really hard to recommend something, I would look at some of the bikes on the Pictures board and see what you like. For exhausts, the Vance and Hines Big Shots are not much louder than stock but have a good sound. And a JSD3 boosts torque and is inexpensive.

Debeavering, or removing the large stock license plate and rear turn assembly, is common and easily done. Great improvement in appearance for minimal costs.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well I wasn't sure what I wanted to do first either. go to the MODS board and you'll get tons of ideas. It may be difficult to decide which to do first. The first thing I'm going to do is install a hidden garage door opener button and Ive ordered some sweet Kurynakyn switchblade foot pegs/floor boards.

·
Registered
233 Posts
you would not believe how much of a difference the jsd 3 makes and real easy to install,if noise is a problem stay away from cobra pipes

·
Registered
205 Posts
:welcome: Red IS the fastest. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jimbouk said:
:welcome: :clap2: :congrats: FROM PRESTON IN LANCASHIRE :bigthumbsup:
Hi There, Glad to see there is another owner from the uk on the site.

How long have you had your 1800R and have you done any mods yet ???

regards

Agean

·
Registered
49 Posts
In Brum and hav'in fun on the M1800R.
Welcome n get mod'in.... you will get so much info on how to do mods on this site.... it'll become addictive! Networking, its the future, like garlic bread!!!! :D :congrats:. Oh Black'ist is the fast'ist. :evil:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
:welcome: :congrats: :bigthumbsup: :super: Ride safe and mod much!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Agean said:
Hi There, Glad to see there is another owner from the uk on the site.

How long have you had your 1800R and have you done any mods yet ???

regards

Agean
HI Agean Only had my 1800R for about 4 months, only ridden it twice as weather as been bad,have not done many mods as i have been spending all my money on my Night Rod

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Agean :welcome: :congrats: John Halifax West Yorkshire (Black uns are the fast uns !) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi from another UK owner (Hull , East Yorkshire)...Ive had my M1800R 11 months. I got the last black one in the UK before they brought in the 75 blue LE's last year. I've done about 3500 miles on it (2000 miles were done on it in france last year, off back again in july) and ive loved riding everyone of them, I've spent about £2500 on accessories & extras and I found that in the UK most of the stuff available is geniune suzuki but parts are out there youv'e just got to look for them but I would highly recommend Direct Line Parts which is where a lot of mine came from and the parts are all top quality, delivery took a few weeks but its definately worth the wait I was like a little boy at xmas when my parcel arrived. Typing this I'm getting ready for my first weekend away of the year, off to the M.A.G rally "Into the Valley"
Have fun riding...SID-M1800R

1 - 20 of 32 Posts