M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
916 Posts
Looks like nice riding weather in the photo. We are getting colder weather now. Frost this morning, but my heated gloves kept my hands warm. Also I was riding the Gold Wing, which gives me lots of protection from the cold wind.

· Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
6,058 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Sep.
Don't listen to Zoom - he's a great guy, but he needs some antifreeze in his veins! 😉

It may be winter here in Pennsylvania soon, but I won't stop riding unless there is snow on the road, or it dips below about 20 degrees Fahrenheit. 🏍 🥶

Reactions: Zoom

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
What's the best gear oil for the Shaft drive

Sent from my AGORA XI using Tapatalk
As long as it meets the specs shown in the Owner's Manual you'll be fine. I personally run full synthetic gear oil (Mobile 1).

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
I like Avons . Dunlop might last a little longer, but I feel that the Avons are better tires.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hello all, I just bought my M109r, haven't rode it yet and won't for a few months. It is winter here in Alaska and we're currently getting pounded by snow storms. My bike cant even get delivered until next week. However, my excitement is high and i have lots of questions already. glad to find this forum I hope folks feel like talking about this bike :)

· Registered
2009 / VZR1800
4,111 Posts
Hello all, I just bought my M109r, haven't rode it yet and won't for a few months. It is winter here in Alaska and we're currently getting pounded by snow storms. My bike cant even get delivered until next week. However, my excitement is high and i have lots of questions already. glad to find this forum I hope folks feel like talking about this bike :)
Welcome to the forum, Cheers!... 🍻
From Alaska! How short
is riding season there?

· Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Cheers!... 🍻
From Alaska! How short
is riding season there?
We’ll if you’re adventurous it begins in April and ends in late October, if not it’s May to late September. I had a 06’ Hayabusa for a number of years and I was always putting it in storage October 1st, but with all that power, frost was not for me. I may be a bit more adventurous with the M109R.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have been looking for parts, I have a lot of plans for my new bike, while I’m waiting for the snow to melt. Is there a place/website/vendor where people get chrome parts from? I bought the 2015 M109R BOSS version, I was in the store, saw it and had it 2150 miles on it. I couldn’t pass it up. But I don’t like the black, I’m a chrome guy. my Hayabusa was fully customized Swingarm, frame, painted panels,wheels all of it. Is there someplace(s) where you can find a lot of chrome parts for the bike? I want to chrome it out I mean wheels, calipers engine casings, handle bars, brake lines all of it if I can. I like shiny. Stuff for this bike seems a little hard to find. Compared to the busa at least.

· Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,745 Posts
I have been looking for parts, I have a lot of plans for my new bike, while I’m waiting for the snow to melt. Is there a place/website/vendor where people get chrome parts from? I bought the 2015 M109R BOSS version, I was in the store, saw it and had it 2150 miles on it. I couldn’t pass it up. But I don’t like the black, I’m a chrome guy. my Hayabusa was fully customized Swingarm, frame, painted panels,wheels all of it. Is there someplace(s) where you can find a lot of chrome parts for the bike? I want to chrome it out I mean wheels, calipers engine casings, handle bars, brake lines all of it if I can. I like shiny. Stuff for this bike seems a little hard to find. Compared to the busa at least.
Meancycles.com has about as many parts as any vendor, look at their website and see what you find. Welcome to the forum too! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts