M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Good question. The answer is not readily available either. Unless I missed it, the manual was no help.

I look at it this way, I weigh 276, my girl about 150, so that puts us at about 425. The load limit on my old Marauder 800 was 400 lbs. Rode pretty well. I keep this bike set at 7 on preload, and even with the weight of us both, all this power still keeps us at rocketship levels. I say 500 easily.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
The answer should be under the driver seat on the inner fender.

G

·
If I am not mistaken the load limit is judged by the tires. Your comfort is adjusted by the level on your shock.
Using that, my front tire is a 63W, load range 63, so since that is the lesser of my two tires(Avon Cobra rear is 81), load range 63 gives me a total carrying capacity of 600 lbs. :bigthumbsup:

Incidentally, load range 81 on the Avon rear, is 1019 lbs! Wow, wouldn't want to be on it then.........

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Not on mine. Just tire pressures and engine setup info. No mention of load limits.
Then it should be on left side of bike on the frame by the radiator

G

·
Sheesh. Like an Easter egg hunt. Yep, you're right. 455/795, so taking the lower at 455 I am close. How the heck does a Marauder 800 only have 55 lbs less carrying capacity than this bike? I don't know if the suspension innards, especially the front, can take all of 600 lbs, even though I upped the tire load rating.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
Sheesh. Like an Easter egg hunt. Yep, you're right. 455/795, so taking the lower at 455 I am close. How the heck does a Marauder 800 only have 55 lbs less carrying capacity than this bike? I don't know if the suspension innards, especially the front, can take all of 600 lbs, even though I upped the tire load rating.
So can we say that the tires are the determining factor in carrying capacity? We can look at the 9 and guess it would carry a half ton before damage would occur. It being heavy and big boned. :D
No, because the tires are only part of the equation. Suspension, brakes and engine have to be considered also. Look like your question is answered above your post. But then again, that is what it is speced at. I mean I have seen a 1/2 ton pick up carrying more then it should. I think we all have.

G

·
No, because the tires are only part of the equation. Suspension, brakes and engine have to be considered also. Look like your question is answered above your post. But then again, that is what it is speced at. I mean I have seen a 1/2 ton pick up carrying more then it should. I think we all have.
Yup, the more I thought about it on my ride today, it's all proportional. Bigger bike, bigger brakes, bigger engine, slight increase in load capacity. I think when I upgrade the fork springs and rear shock it will have a higher theoretical load capacity, but I have nothing else to load onto it! :D

If me and the girl get to a combined weight of 600, forget riding, walking will be the fun part.

The friggin brakes will still stop a truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.