M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was just wondering if any of you all have had the opportunity to go up against the VMax or Vulcan 2000 in a straight line? Opinions on who is the boulevard king now, perhaps from those of you who also own either of the other two? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
296 Posts
VMax has more peak power and over 100 lbs less weight to carry around.....it is STILL the all time cruiser speed king......even besting the impressive (for HD) Vrod . Vulcan weighs quite a bit more than we do and has ~10 less peak hp so we can best it.....

Nice thing with our M's is not just how impressive they are stock but how much they can be improved with simple bolt on's. Intake/exhaust/tuning is showing gains of over 10 hp and over ~25 lbs less weight (aftermarket exhaust)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all for the quick replies. I am not fortunate yet to own an M109R, but I do have my eyes set one one hopefully around winter.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I just sold my Vulcan 2000 to get this bike. I can assure you this bike will make short work of a Vulcan 2000. As far as the Vmax goes, who cares? It's not a cruiser, not a v-twin, and is UGLY! :p
The VMax may go fast in a straight line but so will a Boss Hoss, which some people would also call a cruiser, and I ain't buying one of them either. Apples and oranges my friend. ;)

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have seen better numbers on both by seperate publications. I have seen posts here that they took a rod and posts on Rod forums that they took us.

Personal opinion with how flat our torque curve is?

I could generate a faster quarter on my 109 than I could on a rod. But not by much.

The JSD has given me a few tenths (.4) in the quarter and my airfilter mod gave me about .2. Most people think the airfilter mod is crap but I have timed it before and after. I think I have about .5 to .6 knocked off the quarter with the mods.

·
Registered
326 Posts
L-Train said:
I think I have about .5 to .6 knocked off the quarter with the mods.
What is your best ET?

G

·
JR you are so right! my bike runs what is runs w/ me on it & that is it. and that is what i post. I know i can ride at the track so i do not worry about what everyone else is doing as far as mods it's nice to see what everyon is doing but i don't run out and do it. I will wait for the higher powers to give me some solid researched #'s thunder mfg., power commander & bubs pipes etc. I have always tuned on a dyno, carb or fi bike & to ME that is the only way. I don't tune at the track I ride what i bring & adjust from there depending on the track & weather conditions. Keep the truth flowing Jr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
J R said:
Hey man thats personal :D Why didn't you just ask him how much he made last year or personal questions about his family :joke: You don't see me posting times do ya as a few others :evil: When the people running them and modding them wanna tell it will start coming out but not until the full potential of the bike is reached.If ya get on the net and say hey my bike ran such and such last night next thing is ya got some moron then wanting you to PROVE IT ::) scanning time slips then wanting pic,s then vid ::) It ain't worth it to be honest.If your slow nobody cares if ya post anything faster than anyone else it will be on all the boards like wild fire.I posted the wheelie pic,s and got SLAMMED that i was a liar i faked the photos, there photochopped,I got hate mail and pm,s ect at that point i made up my mind as far as the cruiser guys go i ain't giving any more pic,s times tec info or how to,s.they seem to know it all and are all ready to doubt anything they cant do themselves. I say anyone wants to know what the 109 with " X" mod runs ? go do it yourself but don't try and post intelligent info cause you WILL be slammed and jammed on the internet so the hell with giving out info.Ya got a few who got a brain and ain't bad but the rest ::) No way
Hey JR,

Nice photoshop job BTW!! :evil: :evil: Just kidding!!! ;) ;) :joke: :joke: 8) 8)

·
Registered
752 Posts
BigBoreBiker said:
What is your best ET?
My best ET with my mods is .6 seconds better than my best ET without my mods. My air intake mod is on a bike at a very high altitude and might not be as effective at lower alltitudes.

It's also 1.2 better than your best ET and .5 worse than JR's best ET. :read: It's also about 480 million less than Steven Spielbergs ET.

Any more ET questions gents? :doorag:

G

·
who cares it's your bike do whatever you want with it i prefer to ride them stock until a proven upgrade of at least 10 + hp comes out other than that is is a waste of MY time to mess w/the bike

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had a run against a VMax a couple of weeks ago going onto the freeway.
Didn't think he was going to go for it as he had his daughter on the back so was surprised when he did.
Halfway through 4th gear when I bailed out he was maybe 2-3 bikelenghts ahead.
Later he gave me the thumbs up.
He and his daughters combined weight was less than me I'd estimate, He surprised me plus I'm not that great a rider so on the whole I think the 109 didn't embarrass itself against that bike.
They sure are ugly though :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Vulcan 2000 is a hippo of a bike. The Vrod is weak off the line. I beat'm both with my sightly modded VTXc everytime we've raced. I'm anxious to run a 109 IF I can find one around here. I'm expect it to be close. Re; Vmax...I had one for 13 years. The day I sold it I ran it outta a couple of traffic lights but, not for a full 1/4 mile. I beat'm off the line twice in a row and he really had to work to catch up around 90mph.  :D
Congrats to all you 109 buyers. You made a good choice.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Hammer said:
The Vulcan 2000 is a hippo of a bike. The Vrod is weak off the line. I beat'm both with my sightly modded VTXc everytime we've raced. I'm anxious to run a 109 IF I can find one around here. I'm expect it to be close. Re; Vmax...I had one for 13 years. The day I sold it I ran it outta a couple of traffic lights but, not for a full 1/4 mile. I beat'm off the line twice in a row and he really had to work to catch up around 90mph. :D
Congrats to all you 109 buyers. You made a good choice.
I owned a VTX 1800C for 4 years, (sold it to get the Vulcan 2000, which you're right, is a pig) and I had the VTX modded out with pipes, PCIII with custom map, Thunder air box, etc. and I can tell you that STOCK, my M109R will run away from my old fully modded VTX. Even a fully modded VTX 1800 (unless it has a turbo) will only put out 100-105 hp to the rear wheel (my California edition only put out ~98). The M109R stock puts out 105-106 to the rear wheel and the bike weighs less than any of the VTX 1800 models. This bike ROCKS!

·
Registered
8 Posts
don't try to punch out in top gear with the 2000. You will not run off from it like you think you will. My dad has a 06 2000 limited with cobra pipes. I do give up about 60 pounds to him. He pulls about half a bike up to 115,and then its see you later by the m109. We went from a dead stop on saturday, he got left like he was sitting still. Try to find one at a stoplight not cruising at sixty. Or just downshift and leave him.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have 20 2014 M109r with K&N air filters, Hard Krome 2 into 1 velocity exhaust and a power commander 5, and my bike is no slouch.... my buddy has an 89 (I think) Vmax and his bike beats me every time.... off the line I pull on him by a bike, but he pulls by me every time... ik hands down I will walk all over a Vrod but as for atleast his vmax... I cant beat him.... the 109 is the king in its class but has met its match with some other bikes

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Dont line a VTX next to an M109R.

Might as well challenge a turbo & sprayed hayabusa on a virgin rebel or eliminator.
Stands about the same chance to pull ahead. (unless the 9 loses its 2nd gear)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I went from sn SV1000S to the 109 and I made the switch because I was in a bad wreck and decided it was a good time to slow down a little bit... the 109 is a beast after you do the mods that open it up.... even if my buddy's vmax beats me every time, I wouldn't trade the 109.... its king in its own division.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts