Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Chimin' in from Vegas....I know I should be at Bike Week but I'm babysittin' the kids 2day :( Plus my money's funny. Anyhow, I've read the posts in response to Hondiego's fairing and I want to touch on something I didn't see anyone else address. First, has anyone gone back to xtremerevolutions and seen the painted up fairing? It doesn't look bad, I ride a black 109 and i think it would look sharp in black with the five or nine inch windshield. I think what throws me off is the headlight nacelle. If you swapped that out for a regular headlight, it would look perfect. However, Hondiego designed the fairing so you don't have to swap out the headlight and the bike retains its originality. I will probably get one eventually. P.S. It's only 75 degrees here today perfect ridin' weather!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
You know, I'm not really a fairing kind of guy. But that really dosen't look that bad. I still think it takes away from the sportyness of the 109, but it definately look functional and not THAT bad looking.

X

G

·
I still think it looks too big on the bike. IMO, it looks like the 109 mated with a HD dresser. Hey to each his own, that is why there is vanilla and chocolate. If we all liked the same things, life would be boring.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
if i was into touring i'd get one, its growing on me. i think it would look good painted black though.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts

Still not sure. Makes it look like it wants to be a HD when it grows up.
I think he should have molded in the entire headlight area so there would be NO seem between them.
Also, maybe extend the chrome up a little.

Sledzep

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would agree that the nacelle and fairing be integrated, all I need is the shooter though  :doorag: . I appreciate the effort and usability.  :bigthumbsup:

G

·
I agree with 'Zep - a seamless design with the nacelle would look better...........but this is not all that bad IMHO.

Not for me, mind you..........since I have the Valk I/S, the M109 is going to stay my "hotrod".

I'm still interested in seeing what Corbin finally comes out with too.

·
Registered
696 Posts
sledzep01 said:

Still not sure. Makes it look like it wants to be a HD when it grows up.
I think he should have molded in the entire headlight area so there would be NO seem between them.
Also, maybe extend the chrome up a little.

Sledzep
if it was black and white and behind me... i would expect to be pulled over any minute :cop:...

btw :barf: :barf: :barf:

·
Registered
230 Posts
sorry but eeewwww....

G

·
WOW ! that is down right UGLY! is that the new pope mobile i still scrolled down about 6 times to look at that. it's like when you see an really ugly chic w/ a great body you still look an look an look

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
it looks aweful. forget for a moment that i hate the idea of any kind of fairing on this bike...but, if they were going to build that huge thing, they should have made it one piece with a replacement for the stock headlight nacelle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.