M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new black M109R didn't come with a tool kit so I called the number someone posted on the board (714-572-1490) and advised the customer service person of this. He advised after I gave him the serial # that there wasn't but 3 wrenches that come with the 109 and it doesn't include the spanner wrench, the one that I need!! He advised I would have to order that through my dealership and of course pay for it. Love my bike but this is kind of cheesy.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just called and talked to Megan and she sed that there was a misprint in the book. But she will send me the last one that she has to give out. I gees I called her just intime:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
dbritton1963 said:
My new black M109R didn't come with a tool kit so I called the number someone posted on the board (714-572-1490) and advised the customer service person of this. He advised after I gave him the serial # that there wasn't but 3 wrenches that come with the 109 and it doesn't include the spanner wrench, the one that I need!! He advised I would have to order that through my dealership and of course pay for it. Love my bike but this is kind of cheesy.Â
Did you look in the glove box under the seat? Someone else had the same problem and I told them that and there it was. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not in the glove box under the seat. Just got a call from Suzuki in Calif. and they advised they were out but would be shipping me a spanner wrench next Monday!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey all, In my tool kit, well in the pack with the manual and riding tips book, there was a big black o-ring. Anyone have any idea what its for? its prolly 2 inches in diameter and a lil thicker than a pencil lead. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Guess what. I thought I didn't get the tool kit either. Was hooking up a cigarette lighter with two power port add on the other day and lo and behold....tool kit is in storage slot beside battery under the seat!!!! :redfaced:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
ckostner said:
Hey all, In my tool kit, well in the pack with the manual and riding tips book, there was a big black o-ring. Anyone have any idea what its for? its prolly 2 inches in diameter and a lil thicker than a pencil lead. Any thoughts?Â
The only thing I can think of is it's for the rear end fill hole plug. I changed my rear end oil the other day, and noticed that the fill plug has a black rubber o-ring on it to seal it. Mine didn't have a spare in the tool kit though, and I have seen no mention of one. That just happens to be where I've seen an oring that matches what you described.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i called and they sent me a spanner wrench. it states in the manual to adjust the shock with the supplied tool. keep calling until justice is served. thats what i did. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
bad109 said:
i called and they sent me a spanner wrench. it states in the manual to adjust the shock with the supplied tool. keep calling until justice is served. thats what i did. :bigthumbsup:
I been calling my dealer and suzuki america and all total spent 2 hours with them both. Each one blaming the other and still no luck with a spanner wrench.

·
Registered
913 Posts
can you guys please list me all the tools and parts that came with the toolkit?

I can't find that in the manuals..

TY in advance!!

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
can you guys please list me all the tools and parts that came with the toolkit?

I can't find that in the manuals..

TY in advance!!
WOW, way to search the forum. :bigthumbsup: If you need one, I have seen a couple on eBay for like $5 or less.

·
Registered
913 Posts
WOW, way to search the forum. :bigthumbsup: If you need one, I have seen a couple on eBay for like $5 or less.
Sure Bro! just to check them out, cuz the dealer said it's there, even though I don't know what exactly should be there and I want to know before accepting something with missing parts and/or tools

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey all, In my tool kit, well in the pack with the manual and riding tips book, there was a big black o-ring. Anyone have any idea what its for? its prolly 2 inches in diameter and a lil thicker than a pencil lead. Any thoughts?
I suspect the tool kits are universal for Suzuki Boulevards. That O-ring is a rubber band used to hold the tool kit in place on the C bikes. There glove box is on the left side of the bike and the tool kit lays horizontal in a reccess. My wife has a C50 and her is that way with a lg black O-ring as a retainer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts