M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got into a showroom to see one of these beauties over the wekend. Took a trip to White's Cycle & Marine in Northeast Chattanooga, TN on highway 58 and there set all three available colors side-by-side. This is one bad lookin' machine. There's not a cruiser available at present that looks like this one. Very balanced machine. It just looks great sittin' still.

Disappointed in the amount of plastic chrome on the lower engine. I'm hoping that this is what is being replaced with actual chrome on the 2007s. Also wish that this bike was available for chrome upgrades (especially the wheels) like Honda does with their spec 1, 2 & 3.

It will come down to this one and the Honda VTX 1800F spec 3 in January. I don't believe I can go wrong with either bike.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
backinthesaddle said:
It will come down to this one and the Honda VTX 1800F spec 3 in January. I don't believe I can go wrong with either bike.
Nope. Make sure you ride both first. :evil:

·
Registered
936 Posts
I LOVE THE 109, BUT THE VTX 1800 HAS TONS OF AFTER MARKET ACCESORIES AND WILL TRICK OUT REAL NICE. THERE WILL PROBABLY BE AS MANY PARTS FOR THE 109 IN A YEAR OR SO.

·
Registered
112 Posts
+1 Jr. I easily got bored on crotch rockets. Been riding 28 years on the street. This bike just makes you feel like a bad ass. When you go down the road your like, "Yeah, look at me, I'm bad as hell....eat your heart out".
This bike has changed my life. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
backinthesaddle said:
So I finally got into a showroom to see one of these beauties over the wekend. Took a trip to White's Cycle & Marine in Northeast Chattanooga, TN on highway 58 and there set all three available colors side-by-side. This is one bad lookin' machine. There's not a cruiser available at present that looks like this one. Very balanced machine. It just looks great sittin' still.

Disappointed in the amount of plastic chrome on the lower engine. I'm hoping that this is what is being replaced with actual chrome on the 2007s. Also wish that this bike was available for chrome upgrades (especially the wheels) like Honda does with their spec 1, 2 & 3.

i like plastic chrome better-less weight and no corosion. dip the stock wheels, probably cost ya around 5 bills. get the 9, this bike rocks! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Buy the 9 and then go find you a VTX1800 and send it home with it's tail lights between it's blinkers-LOL

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
J R said:
Gotta throw a big fat vote out there for my 9ster I just got home from a ride and man I tell ya everytime i ride this thing i have fun.I been riding 38 years and get board real easy but theres somthing about this bike man its just plain fun............
I couldn't agree with you more Bro. There's just something about this bike that trips my trigger. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
BUY the 109 even if it has it's small problems it is a GREAT ride you won't be sorry my HD & vtx buddys think mine has work done to it & mine is bone stock & I walk away from them no comparison

·
Registered
936 Posts
yea i got out and got caught in the rain. and come on Lamont you know the 109 is the boss for a stocker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked my 109 over the weekend - used. I owned a 2002 vtx 1800c originally - bought this one used as well, very little in the way of mods - exhaust, backrest, shield, and speedo cover. Over all, liked the bike a lot....but towards the end of last summer decided to sell.

Fast forward to this spring, started to look around for a replacement ride....started to look at 05 vtx's again, but while in the showroom, totally unexpected, saw a silver M109R - which I didn't ever realize had hit the market already. Owner of the shop threw me the keys - wow, and spent the next couple of months looking around at new and used deals. Finally happened on a used one that came back into the same dealership that I had ridden the new one a couple of months earlier. The thing that struck me, was all of the attention the bike got on the showroom floor while I was thinking about the "final" offer. Cut a check and drove it home. What timing...all of the great aftermarket stuff is just starting to hit - not like I planned it that way.

Anyways, real happy....I want to give a great shout out to the folks from Sport Cycle in Rockingham, NC. I've been to every dealership in the Charlotte metro area, and these guys - especially the owner Jerry are the most straightshooting group I ever came across - don't worry - end of plug.

As far as the difference that I have noticed between the 2006 m109r and the 2002 vtx 1800c, the Suzuki seem to settle into the corners a little nicer, and seems to be a little more throttle responsive. Please, I am comparing a 2002 Honda with a 2006 Suzuki so I have no idea if the more recent models of the Honda changed performance that would effect the above observations. Additionally, there is the obvious more current styling, and as with others, I have had several folks (in the short 5 days I've ridden the bike) that have commented very positively about the look of the bike....something I never got on the Honda the entire time I owned the bike...

Bottom line - very happy owner, that got a great bike at the right price point. Looking forward to a lot of great miles on this bike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts