M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we got the biggest jugs in the market on our bikes and the stroke is pretty short; I wondered wether or not we would be able to make this motor a stroker.

Is this possible? Different crank, rods, and pistons. All forged if they are not already. I would love to see that bigger displacement engine with a turbo and some giggle gas..

Might just be the king bruiser...

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I'm not sure what a stroker is, but I was thinking that if we had the biggest jugs on the road, why couldn't they have exposed those jugs a little more, with less air covering it?
I always thought the engine would really stand out on this, if it had more exposure.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I would keep the stroke on mine the same ,I like being able to turn the higher RPMs (for a v-twin) now some positive manifold pressure would be fun though ;) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I agree with Bonehead. I'm not sure how much Hal paid for his engine mods -- but it appears that you can achieve more HP, (and not have to change the crank (and a lot of other things) -- with Turbo, Supercharger, blower, etc. -- and it might be cost-effective as well. (I know Hal didn't stroke his -- but he also didn't get the coveted "140 HP" -- dyno variations notwithstanding.

The question is: what gives the most HP/buck?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bonehead said:
I would keep the stroke on mine the same ,I like being able to turn the higher RPMs (for a v-twin) now some positive manifold pressure would be fun though ;) :bigthumbsup:
Being that this motor is a DOHC, there shouldn't be many issues with revving it. It is not like an old pushrod engine... Somebody will eventually do this and I think it will rock... I am just wondering who will be the first...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tomph1 said:
  I agree with Bonehead. I'm not sure how much Hal paid for his engine mods -- but it appears that you can achieve more HP, (and not have to change the crank (and a lot of other things) -- with Turbo, Supercharger, blower, etc. -- and it might be cost-effective as well. (I know Hal didn't stroke his -- but he also didn't get the coveted "140 HP" -- dyno variations notwithstanding.

The question is: what gives the most HP/buck?
Hal did not touch the jugs... Somebody should mess around with the jugs...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Stroked a few Harley's in my days 74 cubes to 102 cubes was like taking a lawn mower engine and when done could do burnouts and pull the front wheel. I also have thought of this JR just too busy raising kids these days.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
what all does that involve? new crank, shafts, and custom pistons?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SpaceCaveman said:
Stroked a few Harley's in my days 74 cubes to 102 cubes was like taking a lawn mower engine and when done could do burnouts and pull the front wheel. I also have thought of this JR just too busy raising kids these days.
Do you know of anybody interested in doing the research to get this done??? :read:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
phaed said:
what all does that involve? new crank, shafts, and custom pistons?
different crank, longer connecting rods, and short height pistons. All forged of course to help with detonation and allow for boost ( :p ) and spray issues... I don't know which material they used for the cylinders or if the used liners on them...

It would be one powerful engine if we get to stroke it to lets say to 130-135 ci
:bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Doc_Doc said:
I did not fully understand what a stroker was and this helped me understand. If this isn't correct please let me know.

http://www.powroll.com/tech_specs_stroker_howitworks.htm

Thanks,

Doc
That lays a good intro to the world of stokers... I gathered my knowledge in them mostly from dealing and modifying a bunch of Mustangs... Same principle...

Now, can you see ther potential I saw when they said you have the biggest pistons in the market. This equals a shorter stroke from the factory and the true and very real popssibility of a true stroker engine to be worked out...

== Hal, I think this should be a step in the right direction...

·
Registered
144 Posts
bottles are for Babys!! Just kidding guys!!! I feel you should build a motor to it's maximum potential first then throw a bottlel on after youve had you fun!! But I dont like the idea of keeping the bottle filled or wondering if i have enough pressure to beat a civic. I'd rather just hit the gas and spank em!!! I will be keeping an eye on this post I think a stroker would be great!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was not talking about spraying it, I said "STUFF" it, positve pressure on the intake vavles is the way to go! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
what is "stuffing it"?

·
Registered
728 Posts
I spoke with the guys at Patrick Racing and they will be fabricating stroker kits, pistons, cams etc. for the M109r mid summer 2007.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts