M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, Be very suspicious if you see someone selling an M109R on eBay at a greatly reduced price!!! :mad:

I saw an auction last week where the bike was up for auction and in the description it said "BUY IT NOW, $3200".

The auction stated that the bike only had 400 miles on it. The picture showed a Violet Blue with Kentucky plates.

Also included in the description was a "Contact the seller" box that I had not normally seen before. So thinking this was either a HECK of a deal or a SCAM. I contacted the seller via both links (auction link and description link).

The auction seller responded stating that they did NOT have the bike and had contacted eBay to investigate the auction. They did NOT post it!

The description email address responded saying they had moved to Ireland and that they could not register the bike there so it was worthless to them. The price was correct and $3200 included shipping and insurance. It was an awesome deal and that I should act quickly before someone else beat me to it.. Yeah RIGHT!!! :eek:

If it had been legit, I would have paid cash on the spot for the bike! :D

Being an eBay veteran, I instantly suspected a SCAM! Sure enough, 2 days later, the auction had been removed by eBay... :bigthumbsup:

So folks looking for deals that sound too good to be true.... BEWARE!!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I saw this very same auction. 2 days? I believe it was the same day. I check things like that daily and it was gone a few hours later. look funny to me too. Heck I would have taken a day off and drove if it was legit. Good eye though!

G

·
I found, at one time, a busa ,buy it now for 3500.00 ....knew it was a scam,,but happen to notice the bike location...just so happen to be in my town,neighborhood!!...I contacted the seller,,stating ,,had cash and wanted to look at it....and like was said,,scam,,bike wasnt in the usa and the buy it now including shipping .....I contacted ebay and it was removed a short while later... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thats been going on for a long time now. Hopefully one of these days these idiots will find something else to do. All started about 3 years ago when i was going to buy a corvette overseas, actually talked on the phone, emails the whole 9 yards. That night watched the news and they had a story about people getting scamed. If it isn't sitting in america don't buy it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
One of my coworkers found a GSX-R 1000 for a ridiculously low price. The guy mentioned something about a purchasing agent and wanted a $500 deposit to hold the bike. I told my coworker to get the VIN from the bike and photocopy or scan of the title. The emailed a MSO for an Yamaha ATV from a dealership in Ohio (the bike was for sale in California). It was a scam and according to the dealership in Ohio, a lot of people have been call regarding that MSO...I wonder how many suckers sent a $500 deposit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got burned on a ebay scam 2 years ago. It was my first and last experence with ebay. They had pics of a Mean Streak for 5K and the buy now info. Everything looked legit so I talked with the scam artist via email. After insuring me everything was ok I wired the money to him. That was the last I heard from him. I contacted ebay and they said that things like that happen often but they were not responsible. Buyers beware!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks to the vioces in my head, I know everybody is out to get me...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts