Registered
3,740 Posts
They like it but some claim it has crappy handling :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
They like it but some claim it has crappy handling
:cus:...........What a joke that is. :eek:

All the reviews have been mostly positive that I ever read. But again reviews are totally dependant on the "reviewer" and what his/her personal tastes & motorcycling background is. And the headlight cowl is always a topic for conversation. You either love it or hate it.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Difference between a good review and a bad review is how much you pay for it .

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I built a lot of motors for auto magazines over the years and it really depends on who is writing the story and his preferences. If a corner carver who has a GSXR 750 in his garage gets a 109 for a test he is going to say yeah its a great bike for an old guy wannabe to ride to the burger stand show off night. But if you get some guy who has a Harley and has been around the block it might get a pretty good review. Bias is what it is. And yeah advertising money speaks big time. I learned that one the hard way.
Bob

·
Registered
680 Posts
I built a lot of motors for auto magazines over the years and it really depends on who is writing the story and his preferences. If a corner carver who has a GSXR 750 in his garage gets a 109 for a test he is going to say yeah its a great bike for an old guy wannabe to ride to the burger stand show off night. But if you get some guy who has a Harley and has been around the block it might get a pretty good review. Bias is what it is. And yeah advertising money speaks big time. I learned that one the hard way.
Bob
A good review from a Harley guy!:dontknow:
But I have to agree that it depends on the writer and style preference.

·
Registered
325 Posts
A lot of the reviews by sport bike riders tend to complain about the handling the fat rear tire etc. But they tend to ride it expecting sportbike style performance. The best reviews come from some of the overseas mags. (Britain and a online canadian one) Usually everyone loves the engine. It would really do well if someone would do a longterm review since the bike needs some getting used to. Also riding the m109 on switchbacks doesn't leave a good impression(some mag took it on some switchbacks out west. Since the bike hasn't had a new update there haven't been many reviews recently.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Popular Mechanics did a big cruiser shoot out and loved the bike. I'll go look for the thread.

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
:cus:...........What a joke that is. :eek:

All the reviews have been mostly positive that I ever read. But again reviews are totally dependant on the "reviewer" and what his/her personal tastes & motorcycling background is. And the headlight cowl is always a topic for conversation. You either love it or hate it.
:agree::agree: The real question is if you like it? I still smile when I ride her after 4 years.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Sorry it won't let me put it up right
popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/4216203html?page1

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The one shootout review I read in MC cruiser mag. seemed like a few of the test riders were Nit Picking about the M109R.Maybe I'm a little sensitive when it comes to the M109R.:dontknow: Other than that, I haven't read too many articles at all about the '9.It would be cool to read all of them actually.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The one shootout review I read in MC cruiser mag. seemed like a few of the test riders were Nit Picking about the M109R.Maybe I'm a little sensitive when it comes to the M109R.:dontknow: Other than that, I haven't read too many articles at all about the '9.It would be cool to read all of them actually.
I've read quite a few of them (a couple are out this month actually!)
From what I see, they might love it or they might hate it, but they all RESPECT it!
...and they'd be right to: This bike hasn't gone through any significant updates /changes since it first came out FOUR years ago....and it STILL kicks ASS and looks more modern than ANYTHING that's been out before or since!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Who cares what moto mags think of the 9. I bought my 9 because I liked it and I wanted it, not because a writer said it was or wasnt a good bike. Others may have an opinion about your bike, but your opinion is the only one that matters.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Who cares what moto mags think of the 9. I bought my 9 because I liked it and I wanted it, not because a writer said it was or wasnt a good bike. Others may have an opinion about your bike, but your opinion is the only one that matters.
:agree:I bought mine because I fell in love with it when I first saw it. CASE CLOSED

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess I just hate hearing any bad reviews on the M109.I know the Overwhelming majority of reviews are Positive.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Difference between a good review and a bad review is how much you pay for it .
:agree:Seems to be be that way anymore;) So much for Journalism:'(

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
They like it but some claim it has crappy handling :dontknow:
That's a HUGE joke! I've ridden almost all of the other big cubic inch cruisers and IMO the 9 outhandles them all! The main complaint I see against the 9s handling is the amount of effort it takes to lean it into the turns. This is a load of crap as you get used to it within the first 10 minutes of riding. I love the 9s handling!

·
Registered
434 Posts
like or dislike

Like or Dislike all of them liked the fact that the 109 had a lot of ponnies. There was a good article on one of the mags recently that enterviewed all of the current bikes with what they termed TUDE for bikes with ATTITUDE and of course the "9" was one of the bunch. LOL;)

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
That's a HUGE joke! I've ridden almost all of the other big cubic inch cruisers and IMO the 9 outhandles them all! The main complaint I see against the 9s handling is the amount of effort it takes to lean it into the turns. This is a load of crap as you get used to it within the first 10 minutes of riding. I love the 9s handling!
I have never at any point in time ever thought "Wow this thing is hard to lean over" it's total crap. I think the 240 on the back makes for a pretty solid ride!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts