M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a recent post about the M109R on a sportbike website that I belong to.

Suzuki M109

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must say, this bike it's out this world.

super fast, tons of power and eye candy to anyone that has a cruiser.

I have taken this bike to rides in more then once and everytime i do it just gets better and better.

Last time i rode it, we put it to the test; we raced it with Honda's best, THE RUNE.

Honda's RUNE it's just a dream of a bike and it's very smoth, the M109 it's just so much power and by having a Tack it helps you shift before running into the readline.

The M109 won the two times we rode it, me on the 109 and then me on the Rune.

I can tell you this much: if you have a sportbike and you pulled to light on the side of this bike (and you would know what bike this is by the size of the rear tire, 240) you will have a hand full at least until 100-120MPH.

To those of us who own this bike, I think we've already figured this out. Just thought I'd share!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have ridden with several sportbikes. They are quite impressed with the 0-100 speed (after that they normally have me. Anything over an 1/8th mile). I have gone from a rolling start with several sport bikes from 600's to zx-12. Seems like we should be able to take most stock bikes that are 1000's or less in the 1/8th (Yes I do understand a lot of it is the rider). The ZX-12 rider seemed the most shocked that he had to stay on it HARD until around 1/8 mile (he did get me tho :verymad:. I need more power :D). Most bikes I ride with on the normal outings are: Vmax, ZX-12, Busa, GSXR-1000. In our group we represent mainly all the TOP DOGS of the rice burners. It is fun to watch the smaller bikes play around until we pull in. Then they same to put their tail between their legs. :D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Flem said:
I have ridden with several sportbikes. They are quite impressed with the 0-100 speed (after that they normally have me. Anything over an 1/8th mile). I have gone from a rolling start with several sport bikes from 600's to zx-12. Seems like we should be able to take most stock bikes that are 1000's or less in the 1/8th (Yes I do understand a lot of it is the rider). The ZX-12 rider seemed the most shocked that he had to stay on it HARD until around 1/8 mile (he did get me tho :verymad:. I need more power :D). Most bikes I ride with on the normal outings are: Vmax, ZX-12, Busa, GSXR-1000. In our group we represent mainly all the TOP DOGS of the rice burners. It is fun to watch the smaller bikes play around until we pull in. Then they same to put their tail between their legs. :D
I have posted a Q on the general notice board re V-Max/109..would been keen to hear Flem's opinion on the difference in performance between these two bikes.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I still have my 99' ZRX 1100 Kaw (lightly modded) she puts down 130hp and 80ft lbs to the rear wheel but I can say without a doubt the thing feels high strung after riding my M109R. M109R you just gas it, no need to down shift most the time and it goes. The ZRX never felt peaky until I got the M109R, plus it has rear tire envy now! the ZRX will slice and dice corners and brake better but that's mainly a weight thing. Say you have a watermelon to carve up, hmmm, use the ginsu kinfe (ZRX) or the battleax (M109R). I can say after comparing to my other cruiser bike the M109R handles much better, sure you have to start the turn in a little more aggresively but once in the turn she holds here line, ditto on the brakes too. Like I been sayin' it's the Busa of cruisers! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts