M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends.

I wish you a merry christmas with your loved ones company.

Thank you all for a post that I put and answered all

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136759

Sorry to bother again, it's just that I want to be sure with my purchase, as it will be my companion for many years.

As I put in the other post, currently I have a Honda Shadow 750 cc ACE, and I want to change bike.

I use it regularly on weekends, but sometimes during the week for work, about 63 miles (100 km) from home to office and office to home.

I want to change because I need more power and want to take my wife in weekends.

What would you do? Suzuki M109R or Harley Nightster?, I know that is 1800 cc VS 1200 CC, but I need help for the experts.

Again an apology, and thanks for your help

And again the best for you in 2011.

Your friend Eric.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
Eric, it's not even a decision. The Nightster will cost as much as the M109R and won't have half the performance. And resale on the Sportster based HD's isn't that great either.

If there is a way to ride both, do it and then make your decision. I have a HD and would much much rather ride my 109.

·
Registered
300 Posts
well to start.... look around this site and see how many people are having mechanical issues! very few! second... everybody wants a harley to be able to say "i own a harley" (i heard a guy say i own a sportster 883 but at least its a harley) as for power this bike is bad azz from stock! its your money so make up your own mind! look at cost, power, mileage, and what parts are going to cost for mods or repairs. good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I'm not sure what your looking for here. You won't exactly get an impartial opinion on a M109Riders board!

The 9 has it hands down in every way....except, it's NOT a Harley. If that's something that matters to you, then you have your answer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
What to buy??

Bloke.Greetings from OZ.Although the Nightster is a nice looking bike,I would not buy one.When I was looking for a cruiser,the Night Rod was a bike I liked very much,but at $32.000 Oz plus on road costs,it was out of reach for me.Shopped around and found that Suzuki made the M109R.On seeing this bike I knew that the Harley did not stand a chance.Bought the 9 back in 2008 and have enjoyed every moment since.The bike is a total pleasure to ride,and the attention the bike gets is unreal.I go for a coffee every Sunday at a local motor cycle cafe where most of the other riders have Harleys,and even they say that the 9 is a fantastic bike.One Harley owner liked the Ranga so much he sold his Hog the following week,and bought a 9.He said he will never go back to a Harley.All bull**** aside mate,it's up to you what you buy,but in the end,if you make the wrong decision,you can only blame yourself.If you haven't already test ridden both vehicles,I suggest you do so before spending those hard earned Peso's.Also remember that when buying your bike from a dealer,(or anyone else for that matter)if it sounds like bull****,it is bull****.Shop around for the best deal,and haggle your arse off. KEZZ.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bro, do yourself a favor and buy the M109R. I am telling you that the power, comfort and styling of this bike are much greater than your other choice. If you buy that Harley you will always wonder what the 9 would be like. If you buy the 9 you will never even think of that Harley again, I promise, its that fast.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I just drove a 1200 sporster custom last week... Is a friends of mines... There is no compairson in power, and ride... The 9 blows it away... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I'm sorry to tell you but opinions will be different if you ask the same question on the other board. As obvious as it is, the 9 out do the nightster in every way. HD peeps may see it differently. So, it's all about you and what kind of rider you are. Its your $$$. Test ride both bikes and let your butt decide. Good luck

·
Registered
643 Posts
Depending what ya may need carry on your commute you may wanna consider the creaTure comforts of the C109RT

·
Registered
890 Posts
If you are looking to be able to ride 2 up I don't think that the nightster will fit that bill well at all . With the power , looks and owning a bike that does not look like every one else the 9 will handle 2 up and you don't have to change your ride position to do so .

·
Registered
1,722 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
la 9 amigo!

Eric,

I do like the look of the nightster, but I think it's best as a solo rider type of motorbike. For 2 up, no question, the 9 is your bike. Smoother, faster, more bang for the buck.:bigthumbsup:

mrhp

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
easiest way to tell is just ride them. The 9 will sell its self.And remember the Harley has about 1 1/2 inches travel out back. I looked at both and bought the 9.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Get the Nightster...you won't have to clean it as much as the 109, because you won't want to ride it as much ;)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi friends.

I wish you a merry christmas with your loved ones company.

Thank you all for a post that I put and answered all

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136759

Sorry to bother again, it's just that I want to be sure with my purchase, as it will be my companion for many years.

As I put in the other post, currently I have a Honda Shadow 750 cc ACE, and I want to change bike.

I use it regularly on weekends, but sometimes during the week for work, about 63 miles (100 km) from home to office and office to home.

I want to change because I need more power and want to take my wife in weekends.

What would you do? Suzuki M109R or Harley Nightster?, I know that is 1800 cc VS 1200 CC, but I need help for the experts.

Again an apology, and thanks for your help

And again the best for you in 2011.

Your friend Eric.
The 9 get the 9. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have both of those bikes. No comparison GET THE 9.... My wife rides the nightster. I have ridden it several times. It is a bar bike and is a great choice if you are very short...reason my wife got it. If not, your knees will be in your chest and its 400 bucks for forward controls so you can be comfortable. Accessories are still at the HD prices....so lets just say she hasnt goten many add-ons. Except for pipes and windshield...:joke:

·
Registered
507 Posts
I can relate with your dilemma. The 9 was the 1st bike I ever bought. But before I started shopping for it, I looked into the HD Nightster until a good friend of mine knocked some sense into me. Now that I look back at the Nightster, I'm GLAD I did not get it. You can make about 3 Nightsters for one 9. :nojoke:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts