M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if there has already been a thread like this, but
Im just curious to find out how long the 109 lasts on average. With original powertrain of coarse. If you guys could kindly post your mileage. Its out of pure curiosity, and would be preety cool to see how many miles some of you non-stop riders have.
I only have a measly 4800

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Ive had my 9 since January 2009 and now it has 14,000kms on it, running way better then the day I bought it! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
It depends on alot of factors. Mostly how well they are taken care of. And there aren't many who keep their bikes that long. If other Suzukis are a measure, I've put over 100K on 3 of them. But they didn't have the level of technology in them that the 9 has. Plasma coated cylinders, ECUs, and fuel injection. I'm planning on keeping mine till I die. but I've only got 13K on it now, and I'm not putting the miles on like I used to. I would think 150K would be easily possible for the engine. Drivelines and trannys might be another story.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Just turned 49,000 miles today, I need to buy my baby something for the 50,000 mile mark. Maybe some chrome rims finally. Ride safe....

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I'm only at 18k but my assumption would be with proper care and not running the balls off it all the time they should run 100k without a tear down....hell Wings go 250k...they're just slower.

·
Registered
927 Posts
14k...not a year old yet :D While I do see another bike in my future I plan to keep this one until theres a M110R2...I get it a little gas every now and then but I pretty much baby the hell out of the engine...I would be tickled to death if I knock off a 100k...If I dont slow down on it...I may reach it in the next 4-5 years....

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I Bought My 07 late in Oct, and have 18800 ,
and like some have said , It does run better after the First 10,000 Miles

Go figure , Break in takes a While :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I only have (Just rolled over) 8000 mile's, but my guess is about 100,000 before some valve work would have to be done. Ring's and guide's maybe?
What say ye Pynical? I know your watching.:doorag:
well id say with proper maintenance it would go for 100k+. of course if you ride it like a racebike it probably wont last as long but youd still get good life out of it.

you should have your valves adjusted at 15k (i think its 15k; i know im close)

there are a handful of people on here that are over 50k right now!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts