M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after looking at my coverages and what not, i called progressive and upgraded my insurance...

first off they didnt have me listed with a motorcycle endorsement! duh.
then i added roadside assistance for $10 a year. whatever. peace of mind.

then i added comprehensive coverage. since i own the bike i didnt sign up for it at first, and i was only paying $240 or so a year for the bike. but after thinking about it, i want the bike fixed if i ever get in an accident, so i signed up for a 1000 dollar deductable.

so now im paying $320 a year total, for a 24 year old married military male... not bad. I know im lucky cause a lot of people are paying that much a month for some bikes....

anyway just my thoughts.

-Nate

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I pay $274.00 per year for full coverage with Nationwide...with a much lower deductible......now the downside...I'm older then dirt :-\ Thank you for your commitment to our country. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Yeah, I pay right at $400/year for full coverage with a very low deductible. The added savings of having another vehicle to add to my existing auto coverage means that I'm paying over $100/year less on my car & truck...so...in reality, that's a $300/year policy.
I, too, am old. Well, if you consider 40 old....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I too have progressive through USAA. They have treated me well so far. I don't mind the high deductable as long as I have it in the bank and I remain accident free!

And your very welcome for the service.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
full coverage, 1k deductable $144 per year with american family
(I also am 40+ and insure my house and 4 other autos with am. fam.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
i think i'm over paying...like 180$ a month...but I told progressive "If a bird SH :edit: :edit: S on my bike I want you to pay to have it cleaned." The guy laughed and gave me the rate, it was still way cheaper than anywere else. I cant wait till I get outta Iraq so i can ride, will be getting back to PHX in August. Can't miss the heat no matter what, either here or phx its hott.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
WTF am fam.........

full coverage, 1k deductable $144 per year with american family
(I also am 40+ and insure my house and 4 other autos with am. fam.)
damn im getting jacked!! im with am fam as well and im at $540 year just for the 109!! no tickets, no nothing on my record at all. insure 2 cars and 3 bikes and my renters ins threw the same people!! wtf man. oh im 31 as well??:dontknow: and i have a $1000 deduct......

·
Registered
960 Posts
damn im getting jacked!! im with am fam as well and im at $540 year just for the 109!! no tickets, no nothing on my record at all. insure 2 cars and 3 bikes and my renters ins threw the same people!! wtf man. oh im 31 as well??:dontknow: and i have a $1000 deduct......
Pynikal, you ARE getting hosed from the sounds of it. Go shopping! You can do better, especially if you dangle all your covered items to one company.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
man i have been with am fam since i was 16!! you'd think that they would want to keep there good customers around??:dontknow:

·
Registered
960 Posts
man i have been with am fam since i was 16!! you'd think that they would want to keep there good customers around??:dontknow:
I have been with USAA since 18 years old and found out at 30 that I was getting HOSED. I since learned to shop every 1-2 years to keep my insurance company honest. I am now with USAA for everything except motorcycle through Progressive.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm older then dirt :-\ Thank you for your commitment to our country. :bigthumbsup:
Funny that this topic should come up today, I just renegotiated for a better rate from Foremost (One of the AARP companies) I bought and registered my 9 in Michigan, cost me about $750 a year. Subsequently took the bike to the Tampa Florida area and parked it in my son's garage. Notified Foremost of the change of location and discovered my yearly premium went from almost $800 a year down to $205, with a $250 dollar deductible. I'm curious to know if anyone else has found rates that are higher than the Detroit rates that I was paying.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
well after looking at my coverages and what not, i called progressive and upgraded my insurance...

first off they didnt have me listed with a motorcycle endorsement! duh.
then i added roadside assistance for $10 a year. whatever. peace of mind.

then i added comprehensive coverage. since i own the bike i didnt sign up for it at first, and i was only paying $240 or so a year for the bike. but after thinking about it, i want the bike fixed if i ever get in an accident, so i signed up for a 1000 dollar deductable.

so now im paying $320 a year total, for a 24 year old married military male... not bad. I know im lucky cause a lot of people are paying that much a month for some bikes....

anyway just my thoughts.

-Nate
When you turn 26 you'll be happier than a rooster in a hen house. I bet it cuts in half!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have Progressive....25 yrs. old (homeowner), full coverage, also have coverage for $3000 in accessories (which will cover about 25%:D)...$277/yr w/ $500 deductible. I have seen a huge difference between companies, so I would def shop around if you are paying much more than that. I have a pretty good driving record, so that might be one reason it's so cheap with me being as young as I am.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have a...shall we say "spotty" driving record. Still, I have full coverage through Progressive for $360/year.

This includes a $100 deductible which I had to use last month when I hit a large pot hole at 90mph and bent both rims, front and back. Progressive cut me a check for the cost of factory replacements and labor with no questions asked....Sure their commercials might be dumb but they have great rates and OUTSTANDING service! I really could not be more happy with them so far!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have progresive, with 500 deduct, 40+ years of age Class M for 20+ years, $185.00 per year full coverage. Filed my first claim this month, almost $5000.00 in damage, they even covered my riding gear (Jacket and gloves). Not looking foward to my renewal.:-\
I have to say, my adjuster is a rider (was a service manager for a HD dealer), was very easy to deal with.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
$1380 a year for me, and thats probably the cheapest you can find anywhere in Ontario...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I also have Progressive. I'm 29 and they say I have a clean driving record. I pay $156.00 a month full coverage with $500.00 deductible. I also have my truck insurance through them full coverage and $500.00 deductible and it runs me $146.00 a month and my driving record for my truck shows one ticket.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I've got Progressive too and it's kind of high........but i find out tomorrow how great they are! They're covering my boots,jacket and i got the additional accessories package......they say cover my paint up to $4000. SWEET. I hope she's not totalled.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts