M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, bought a 2006 m109r a few months ago and it was great untill a few weeks ago it just shut off while i was riding it. Wouldn't start back up, when you tuen the ignition on the headlights, signals brake lights all work, and dash back lights work. Speedometer reads a constat 60ish km/h, and the tachometer stays about half way, fi light was on due to the exhaust servo failure, its no longer lit, and cant get the nutral light to come on either. Took it to a suzuki dealer and the mechanic is basically firing the parts cannon at it, tried a fuel pump, and the tip over switch, no change. Im thinking a bad wire somewhere maybe, but just wanting to see if anyone else has heart of this.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,716 Posts
That kind of sounds like a bad ECU or a connection somewhere that is lost. A few things will make them shut down, but none that I can think of that would make the instruments act like that. Have they checked all the grounds on it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That kind of sounds like a bad ECU or a connection somewhere that is lost. A few things will make them shut down, but none that I can think of that would make the instruments act like that. Have they checked all the grounds on it?
Yeah i mean, as a heavy duty tech, i have called two ecu's in my lifetime, but super rare, so im leaning to the ground/power wire issue like your saying

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,716 Posts
It's not common for them to go bad on these either. I can recall maybe one for certain, and a couple that have been replaced when trouble shooting an issue. Bad grounds are much more common.

BTW, welcome to the forum. I hope you get it fixed.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Look at the frame rail under the left side of the tank.
There is a bridge connector there for a bunch of grounds.
It is a dead end connector and if I remember correctly it is yellow in color.
Have seen a few of these start to heat up and make bad connections, causing all sorts of issues.
Might not be your issue, but easy enough to check and rule out.

BCS
LGB/FJB

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not common for them to go bad on these either. I can recall maybe one for certain, and a couple that have been replaced when trouble shooting an issue. Bad grounds are much more common.

BTW, welcome to the forum. I hope you get it fixed.
Yeah im hoping and thinking its just that. And thanks, thank you too all you qho have tried to help, i appreciate it
Look at the frame rail under the left side of the tank.
There is a bridge connector there for a bunch of grounds.
It is a dead end connector and if I remember correctly it is yellow in color.
Have seen a few of these start to heat up and make bad connections, causing all sorts of issues.
Might not be your issue, but easy enough to check and rule out.

BCS
LGB/FJB
Okay ill let the server manager know thanks

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,716 Posts
Great, glad they found it. There have been some switch failures, but I don't recall one that failed like that. Usually they just go dead and nothing works.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,716 Posts
They are all over ebay, both new and used. Some even come with the gas cap so the key still works both. Of course you know you'll still need your original key for the seat lock and steering head lock and helmet lock unless you can find those too.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,716 Posts
Do you care if the switch has a different key than the rest of the bike? Here's all the items used from a 2006, and it shows the bike it came from and a good closeup of the connector.

Or if you want new, here's the listing with part numbers for an 06. They sell a lock set or just the switch. Once you get the part number you can probably find it cheaper on one of the other parts sites.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you care if the switch has a different key than the rest of the bike? Here's all the items used from a 2006, and it shows the bike it came from and a good closeup of the connector.

Or if you want new, here's the listing with part numbers for an 06. They sell a lock set or just the switch. Once you get the part number you can probably find it cheaper on one of the other parts sites.
Update, i bought this set you found Zoom and it worked, had the bike running all day today thanks for that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts