M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here ever ran against one of the Concours C14 ? I would think the 109 would get the jump but maybe the Connie would run it down ?? I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
buddy of mine has one , his connie is a bit of a dog till the RPM comes up , after that he leaves me standing still .... gotta remember the thing is basically a ZX14 with different fairings .... I know there is more to it than that however once you get past 30 MPH or so the connie comes alive ..... now if you have someone on the connie that knows how to launch it you will definitely have a race on your hands .... I wouldn't put much of a bet on anything past an intersection ....

I would stick to bets you can win like who will be the first guy to get a waitress from a bar to pose on their bike ..... the 9 wins those almost all the time ... well unless the girls are really drunk or skanky , then they tend to go for Harleys and victories .....ok just kidding about the Harleys. :joke:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I really don't think you would have much of a race at all... if you both know how to ride AND launch... the Connie will DESTROY the 9.

That being said it would be fun to do and to see how well you could keep up with the Connie but the race would be over pretty quick!! IMHO

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
:agree:

I had to put that question to bed a long time ago. I ride a 9 and a connie. Knowing that the connie just felt a lot faster, I raced one of my buddies I ride with.

The 9 killed me off the line and got about a 10 bike lead on me. When the connie hit about 7000 rpm, then that story changed real quick. As I shifted in to 2nd, he was just a blur as I went by.

·
Registered
927 Posts
:agree:

I had to put that question to bed a long time ago. I ride a 9 and a connie. Knowing that the connie just felt a lot faster, I raced one of my buddies I ride with.

The 9 killed me off the line and got about a 10 bike lead on me. When the connie hit about 7000 rpm, then that story changed real quick. As I shifted in to 2nd, he was just a blur as I went by.
heheheh....no doubt. but while youre posting...how would you compare the concours to a goldwing on a distance ride....I really am eye balling both...I guess if you havent rode a goldwing...how is the concours on a nice long ride.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
heheheh....no doubt. but while youre posting...how would you compare the concours to a goldwing on a distance ride....I really am eye balling both...I guess if you havent rode a goldwing...how is the concours on a nice long ride.
Well, the gold wing and the connie are apples and oranges. The goldwing would win hands down for comfort. I have made several multiday trips on the connie and I find it to be fairly comfortable. I have replaced the stock seat with a corbin though, I didn't like the stocker, too soft. I made a 4000 mile round trip to sturgis in 8 days and I wasn't wore out when I got home.

Goldwing = full touring bike, built for long trip comfort
Connie = sport touring bike, sit up sport bike with hard bags, medium comfort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts