M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

Yeah it's just me guys, but I though the new subject line might get some renewed attention, so here's the weekend story for those that have been following or anyone else that might give a Sheet... :doorag:

Well running at a Prostar National event is a learning experience. LOTS of friendly people though to help you out with whatever you need, and we did likewise as we had some things that the Orient Express team needed for their SS1000 Kawasaki ZX10R, and they helped us with some advice and a map for our Power Commander on our ZX10R.........OK I know everyone is waiting for the real highlights here "How did the M109R do?"......right? Well during the Friday test and tune session I was able to get a couple of respectable 11.9's down, but during both qualifying runs the "Rider" had issues and the 109 only did 12.1's on both passes, this lead to my dialing a 12.05 for the first round of elimination, we had talked about it and I almost dialed a 12.0 flat but I got greedy and put that extra .05 in it. Well I was paired with a east coast guy known pretty well as "Johnny Turbo" on his Busa, I cut a good light and I knew I was going to have to back out before the line as this run was probably the best she felt ALL weekend, well I backed out completely at the first MPH light but it wasn't enough as I ran a 12.001 and broke out giving the first round to the Busa, and according to people on the line I had him covered at the traps. OH WELL live and learn, but the 109 was a hit as I had more people stop by the pits and ask about the bike than did my partner with a 9 second ZX10R. Everyone liked the looks and several people that watched my runs commented on the UNIQUE sound of the 109 and said that they liked it a lot. Also a hit were the new Air Filters and covers, with one of the Pro guys who has just bought a 109 for his own enjoyment telling me he had to have a set of them too, so he was directed to the proper place to find them....[:D]

All in all it was a fun weekend and now we have to get out ducks in a row to go to the next Prostar @ ATCO, NJ and again I invite everyone to stop by and see us and cheer on the "Fastest M109R" in AMA Prostar competition (and for right now the only one) [:D]

Back to our own Texas series, weekend after next at Houston Raceway Park Aug 26-27, where we hope for better results from both the M109 and the ZX10.

Cheers,
Chop

·
Registered
253 Posts
oh well a bit of bad luck there but we all learn from our mistakes dont we, is there any chance you could post some pics up of the bike with all the mods done so far as you know i am on the other side of the pond and need visiual stimulation for my numbers to drop any time soon

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
khrome13 said:
Thanks for the update Chop 8) Now back to dropping the et's please :bigthumbsup:

khrome
Seem to have run into a road block there :eek: it's called money, since the ZX10R is the big money bike the next few weeks everything will be going there, we have another National in Sept. 9-10, plus I am trying to build the team to a second ZX10 for next year (with what we hope to be soon the worlds Fastest Female on a open wheeled bike)......so the 109 gets to pull it's weight and stay consistent for now :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts