Need to know what exhaust these are
No name on them
I want to put in a baffle but need to know brand
Any suggestions ?????

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,770 Posts
Not a great photo. It could be the original exhaust, modified into a 2 into 1. It could also be a very sad example of the highly sought after Raw Performance exhaust. If that is rust, and it is a Raw pipe, you would be well served by having it re-chromed.
Raw has not made exhaust in many years, so you'll need to find an aftermarket baffle if you want one. (It would improve torque as well as quieting the exhaust.)

·
Registered
2013 limited red white
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a great photo. It could be the original exhaust, modified into a 2 into 1. It could also be a very sad example of the highly sought after Raw Performance exhaust. If that is rust, and it is a Raw pipe, you would be well served by having it re-chromed.
Raw has not made exhaust in many years, so you'll need to find an aftermarket baffle if you want one. (It would improve torque as well as quieting the exhaust.)
No rust
And I thought maybe stock but the rear pipe wraps around different than stock like the revo cannons do
I’ll look up Raw pipes
Thanks for the info

·
Administrator
5,770 Posts
I have a Raw shorty. I'll go pull my bike out and post a photo.

Reactions: Lv109Rider

·
Administrator
5,770 Posts
20210603_123423.jpg

20210603_123445.jpg

20210603_123435.jpg

20210603_123452.jpg

·
Registered
2013 limited red white
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like it I think
What you think
It’s all solid no home fan weld jobs anywhere just no baffles lol
The rear mount is factory in the pipe in its location not an after thought weld job

·
Administrator
5,770 Posts
The only difference I see is the "step" in the muffler / can on yours, but there were several different models produced.
Raw pipes are one of the very few that actually improve torque and HP. If you choose not to keep it, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who want to buy it. I paid $750 + shipping for mine (with the Raw baffle), used, back around 2010.
@bigpapaXCT (Harris) might be able to help you find the correct baffle for it.

Reactions: Zoom and thevili

·
Registered
2013 limited red white
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only difference I see is the "step" in the muffler / can on yours, but there were several different models produced.
Raw pipes are one of the very few that actually improve torque and HP. If you choose not to keep it, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who want to buy it. I paid $750 + shipping for mine (with the Raw baffle), used, back around 2010.
@bigpapaXCT (Harris) might be able to help you find the correct baffle for it.
Thank you much

·
Registered
2013 limited red white
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sent him message thanks for pics and I see the step down difference like you mentioned
Those are factory though not another piece welded in
Anyway hope I can get it a little quieter lol

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
If you can't find the original baffle for it, you might try something I've done in a couple of my home made pipes for this bike.. I used to buy stainless exhaust tips, 4" in diameter, and make my own pipes. Inside them I would put one of those old time glass pack car mufflers, they would fit almost perfectly inside the tips I used. Cherry Bomb used to be a big brand but I found some no name ones at a parts store and used those. They are just a round case with a louvered core and fiberglas packing wrapped around the core. You could get them with no inlet or outlet, just a blank, and I used those.

If that is a Raw pipe, they seemed to have a problem with those baffles blowing out One of the guys on here that used to come to MAM made it halfway there one time and blew his out and never found it. And I recall at least one other member losing his. But back then you could still get them from Raw.

·
Registered
2013 limited red white
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you can't find the original baffle for it, you might try something I've done in a couple of my home made pipes for this bike.. I used to buy stainless exhaust tips, 4" in diameter, and make my own pipes. Inside them I would put one of those old time glass pack car mufflers, they would fit almost perfectly inside the tips I used. Cherry Bomb used to be a big brand but I found some no name ones at a parts store and used those. They are just a round case with a louvered core and fiberglas packing wrapped around the core. You could get them with no inlet or outlet, just a blank, and I used those.

If that is a Raw pipe, they seemed to have a problem with those baffles blowing out One of the guys on here that used to come to MAM made it halfway there one time and blew his out and never found it. And I recall at least one other member losing his. But back then you could still get them from Raw.
Awesome thanks I’ll look into that as well as an option

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would find something that fits in the end with an acceptable outlet diameter and a straight through core. When I get a chance I'll give you the inside diameters of the two different baffles I have for my Vance & Hines Pro Pipe. Really all you need to take the edge off is something shaped a pipe cap that will fit inside the pipe with a hole in the middle of the appropriate size. You'll likely gain a little top end power as well with a little back pressure.

·
Registered
2013 limited red white
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would find something that fits in the end with an acceptable outlet diameter and a straight through core. When I get a chance I'll give you the inside diameters of the two different baffles I have for my Vance & Hines Pro Pipe. Really all you need to take the edge off is something shaped a pipe cap that will fit inside the pipe with a hole in the middle of the appropriate size. You'll likely gain a little top end power as well with a little back pressure.
That’s a good idea thank you let me know

1 - 14 of 14 Posts