M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 109R is stock (except for a JSD-2M)
Today the local bike shop was offering dynos for $20.... Wasn't a good day for it, raining on anf off.... but heres what it was...
HP - 108.3
Torque - 102.7

I should get a commision on the 2 bikes it managed to sell off there floor after they seen my dyno...
it also managed to draw a crowd bigger than the free food stand.... that kinda scared me to.... who ever thought the 109 would be more important than free burgers, hot dogs etc..
If anyone wants I can scan the dyno results.... Looks like everyone elses stock results....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Respectable number

·
Registered
133 Posts
Trogdor said:
HP 108.3

I thought all the hype said these got 127 HP...was that just the advertising promise?
No hyp! The HP rating you are refering to (127) is the cranckshaft HP. Not the rear wheel (108.3).

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
jamiesM109R said:
and perfect climatical conditions.
as in a climate controled dyno room :p :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Climate controlled for most non-high tech industries = standard A/C system which does not regulate humidity actively

Ideal humidity for testing a bike on a dyno is completely dry air < 10% (think New Mexico / Arizona) as high humidity can retard the fuels ability to burn properly and completely.. Having said that, you're probably not going to see a 10hp diffence JUST from humidity unless you're comparing 5% to 90% relative humidity between two tests.

Also, realize this bike uses a shaft drive which robs you of quite a bit of hp/torque BUT makes the bikes drive line maintenance MUCH lower.. For most people its worth the loss of power vs the cost of chain/belt drive maintenance.

Disclaimer: Per standards of personal conduct I will be speaking completely from my rear for the forseeable future! :joke:

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Moonbaby said:
Today the local bike shop was offering dynos for $20.... Wasn't a good day for it, raining on anf off.... but heres what it was...
HP - 108.3
Torque - 102.7

I should get a commision on the 2 bikes it managed to sell off there floor after they seen my dyno...
it also managed to draw a crowd bigger than the free food stand.... that kinda scared me to.... who ever thought the 109 would be more important than free burgers, hot dogs etc..
If anyone wants I can scan the dyno results.... Looks like everyone elses stock results....
Those are really good numbers,considering it was rainy and humid out,and this was a bone stock 109....... :super: :super: :super:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Trogdor said:
Darn Crankshaft is eating almost 20 hp...LOL
I t5hink you mean driveshaft is eating up the extra hp,shaft vrs belt/chain the belt will most likely yield about 10 more hp than the shaft,i do wish they had made it the belt for some other reasons too,like clean up the left hand side no lift of rear tire on hard excells out of the hole,extra hp to wheel,less weight etc.. but i will take what we got..

·
Registered
295 Posts
I can't believe how much I spent on my vtx1800 & was still under 100hp. Probly spend the same again to get 120hp out of the 109r.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I was right in thinking that humidity made a diff. Had mine done today, rainy but only about 75deg. got 117 wit jsd, big air, and pcIII

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Moonbaby said:
HP - 108.3
Torque - 102.7

cool :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Trogdor said:
Darn Crankshaft is eating almost 20 hp...LOL
Lets just do away with it. To much weight and all. Don't need it :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts