M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved a stone chip on my nines last ride and when I went to find some touch up paint for it I found out that the only outfit that has Candy Sonoma Red is a place called Colorite. Evidently Suzuki and all the Jap bike makers have gotten out of the touchup paint business and given their color codes to this Colorite outfit. Who will personally rip you off for an eighth inch stone chip to the tune of over a $100 bucks:edit:. Well I am retired and spending that kind of money on such a small stone chip just isn't in the cards. I was hoping that someone has found any alternative source for paint for these M109's Any help would be appreciated. :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I personally bought the Color Rite stuff, but I bet you could go to one of those nail salons and buy some finger nail polish that would mask the area pretty darn well.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Go to Wal-Mart or any auto parts store that sell automotive paint and pick the one you need. Take the cowl off when you go, it will save you time and money. Test the color on the underside to see if it matches. Even the color on the cap or bottle don't always match.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
The red paint is way expensive for our bikes. Like liquid GOLD.
I was going to have a set of bags painted to match my bike, it was over $300 for JUST THE PAINT enough for two bags. Luckily I found matching bags that didn't require paint.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
You can get a touch up pen here

for $16 from color rite.

http://www.colorrite.com/product/suzuki-yhl-candy-sonoma-red-1681.cfm

I recieved a stone chip on my nines last ride and when I went to find some touch up paint for it I found out that the only outfit that has Candy Sonoma Red is a place called Colorite. Evidently Suzuki and all the Jap bike makers have gotten out of the touchup paint business and given their color codes to this Colorite outfit. Who will personally rip you off for an eighth inch stone chip to the tune of over a $100 bucks:edit:. Well I am retired and spending that kind of money on such a small stone chip just isn't in the cards. I was hoping that someone has found any alternative source for paint for these M109's Any help would be appreciated. :dontknow:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
another place

A car paint shop, looks like 2 oz. bottle is $26

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/buypaint.aspx?year=2006&make=Suzuki&model=All+Models&colordesc=Sonoma+Red+Prl%2C+YHL%2C+Yes%2C+No%2C+*73842^*73843
hmmmmmmmm I giuess one will have to copy and paste the addie. I tried twice to post it.

Yes I already called colorite and what the man told me was $33.95 for the touchup pen, $33.95 for the base coat, $33.95 for the aersol clear coat. Plus shipping. Over $100 bucks for a stone chip

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Good luck with color-rite. The base coat they send you is not correct and they refuse to even talk about it. If anyone has gotten the Candy Sanoma Red to come out right from color-rite I'd like to hear from them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts