M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I’m new to the community and may be labeled the black sheep for what I am attempting lmao. I have a Yamaha xj750 powered buggy me and a buddy built, I’ll post pics when I get home. But the engine has its flaws, air cooled, 4 carbs (pain to tune and keep tuned) and whoops make the carbs flood, my insatiable need for more power etc.. so I recently acquired and wrecked/impound auction 2006 m109r. Previous owner had sent the front end into something hard (like a tree) and destroyed the frame,forks and everything else that would ever make this bike cruise one day. So, im attempting to put this power house in my buggy. I’ve never had an m109r but I did have the predecessor vs1400 a couple years back. I will have many questions and am excited to meet all y’all in the future. Thanks

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,609 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm interested in seeing what you come up with too. I've got an old golf car that I've thought many times about swapping something more potent into.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm interested in seeing what you come up with too. I've got an old golf car that I've thought many times about swapping something more potent into.
A tesla set-up, perhaps? LOL!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hello again folks. Sorry for late response, been busy tearin everything down and working every waking moment of the day. Now that your seein the buggy your understand why a hellcat definitely wouldn’t fit haha. Probably would weigh more than the frame.
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Here’s what she looked like the day we finished reassembled after paint. Boy she was purty. emphasis on was, after sand and sun she’s needed some love for awhile…anyways

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

rear diff and drive train is out of a rhino…wonder if it will go kablooey with 3 times the horsepower the rhino had… can’t wait to find out.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Here I took the plasma cutter and cut the u joint off the splined shaft out of the engine, cleaned it up and welded it to my sprocket of choice. Tapped the center bolt of the engine output with a 1/4 inch tap and bolted the splined sprocket combo to engine. Fit like a gloveee
Tire Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Bicycle Hand Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame Crankset

In the process of making mounts and lining everything up so the chain and everything else jives.
Then gonna gonna work on cleaning up the engine and 86’ing all the emissions, airbox, and the every thing else on the wiring harness I don’t need. Till next time.
Ps. Sorry if I mess up the layout/pictures in advance. New to this system, not sure how it all will layout when I post

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Definitely like the build...not sure how the drive box is going to like side loading but surely interested in finding out. Keep it up!
I've thought about swapping this engine in to many things but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello again, made some progress in the way of mounting and starting to fiddle with all the in and outs of getting everything hooked up.

Engin

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Engineering Automotive exterior Gas

custom Hydraulic shifting from Toyota Corolla clutch master and slave cylinders.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Gas Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Gas Machine tool

pretty much done with the big fab work. Gonna start on wiring, fuel delivery, and intake. If anybody could link any good posts on simplification of electrical or all the intake sensors it would be much appreciated. Ordered a external fuel pump and regulator instead of trying to make the old in-tank one work in my existing gas tank.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,609 Posts
I don't think there is anything in the circuit that monitors the pump running. At least I don't see anything in the wiring diagram. There's got to be a pressure sensor in it somewhere, because that's what you hear happening when you turn the bike on and the system primes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts