M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new on here "whats up everyone"...... Ive gotten bored with the size of the rear wheel on the 109R and was put up to the plate to make a 360 happen. Ive asked around and searched high and low and still haven't seen it done yet. I've researched the drive functionality and noticed the rotation of the output shaft why most ppl left it alone....EXCEPT ME!..... a few years ago a guy brought me a Burgman650 and asked could i put a M109R rear wheel on the back and i kindly told him yes!... I finished that project in 4 months and it rides just fine.... So this is what im starting with. Im in the process of widening the rear wheel from 8.5 to 13.5. I like the way the tire is stretched on a 13.5 compared to a 13.....

Well ill keep yall posted with the progress.... wish me luck!
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
This is gonna be freaking sweet. Good luck on all the work you've got ahead of yourself & keep the pics coming. This should be a hot thread for the next few months. :bigthumbsup::super: Oh, I got first post!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Im new on here "whats up everyone"...... Ive gotten bored with the size of the rear wheel on the 109R and was put up to the plate to make a 360 happen. Ive asked around and searched high and low and still haven't seen it done yet. I've researched the drive functionality and noticed the rotation of the output shaft why most ppl left it alone....EXCEPT ME!..... a few years ago a guy brought me a Burgman650 and asked could i put a M109R rear wheel on the back and i kindly told him yes!... I finished that project in 4 months and it rides just fine.... So this is what im starting with. Im in the process of widening the rear wheel from 8.5 to 13.5. I like the way the tire is stretched on a 13.5 compared to a 13.....

Well ill keep yall posted with the progress.... wish me luck!
View attachment 90230 View attachment 90231
Enjoy, have fun, and expect to spend a stupid amount of time and money doing it. I did that on a Busa and air ride drop on the ground with no kickstand. You may find you have met your match and that the trans, secondary, and shaft are not able to handle what you have in mind. Any questions? feel free to ask!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I would love to see that become reality, but I hope you polished up on your fabrication skills. The Trans position and driveshaft issue is going to take a nearly heroic effort to overcome without lengthening the wheelbase or extending the transmission housing outwards, which is maybe what you had in mind anyways.

Good Luck with your project. Hope you can get it to work!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Future - im pretty good at measuring and fabricating... ive sat and studied this for quite some time. budget wise, ill be less than it cost to do it on a busa(rear for rear).....

im sure if i conquered this Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
....from this Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
........... I should make out pretty good... I removed the transmission and converted it to chain drive...made a new swingarm and VIOLA!~

But for real... the shimming is the only thing i have in the red zone.... the rest gone be a piece of cake..

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Future - im pretty good at measuring and fabricating... ive sat and studied this for quite some time. budget wise, ill be less than it cost to do it on a busa(rear for rear).....

im sure if i conquered this View attachment 90232 View attachment 90233 ....from this View attachment 90234 ........... I should make out pretty good... I removed the transmission and converted it to chain drive...made a new swingarm and VIOLA!~

But for real... the shimming is the only thing i have in the red zone.... the rest gone be a piece of cake..
That Burgman is sweet.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: Can I come work for you:joke:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Very cool stuff buy I gotta ask, you've been a member since 2008 and this is just your second post. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

im sure if i conquered this View attachment 90232 View attachment 90233 ....from this View attachment 90234 ........... I should make out pretty good... I removed the transmission and converted it to chain drive...made a new swingarm and VIOLA!~

Well, the rotation of the output shaft of the trans is reverse rotation---I believe that is what you meant in the OP. There was only one person that made a conversion (separate gear box) and it exploded apart on its maiden voyage. They scraped it and went back to stock---these were some guys that had stupid money to blow, all the machinery to make it, and several engineering degree's between them---oh, and they are in the racing R&D side. So, not trying to stop your determination, more giving you a heads up. I am all for something new, but would hate for it to brake the bank and be just another failed attempt. I would be more than happy to offer up any help I can. Just call me if you have questions or curious thoughts. Also, not a 109 wheel on that burgman---just a 240 tire on a chain drive aftermarket rim. However, still a good job---I like things that are different.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
HI, in Spain somebody sell a M1800r with 360 rear tire. All pieces and all work is madre in spain.
Ugly? Beauty?....I don´t want say my opinion, but it´s impressive and the bike have a great work.
http://motos.coches.net/ocasion/suzuki/intruder/m1800r-2009-en-granada-5540420.htm

http://m1800r.forogratis.es/vendo-vzr1800r-unica-en-el-mundo-con-360-trasero-pionero-t6282.html
of course I love love the fat back tire the fatter the better for me ..... but that rear fender looks terrible!!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
HI, in Spain somebody sell a M1800r with 360 rear tire. All pieces and all work is madre in spain.
Ugly? Beauty?....I don´t want say my opinion, but it´s impressive and the bike have a great work.
http://motos.coches.net/ocasion/suzuki/intruder/m1800r-2009-en-granada-5540420.htm

http://m1800r.forogratis.es/vendo-vzr1800r-unica-en-el-mundo-con-360-trasero-pionero-t6282.html
Wow. The plastics leave something to be desired but look at that tire. Thanks for posting the links:bigthumbsup:

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hate the headlights on that bike. Aint a damn thing about them fit the over all style of the bike. Love the 360 ass tho.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.