M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we are strong enough to put one on for next year! Maybe a week end for starters (Thur-Sunday) then move to a week long event. Any feedback of interest?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Right now I have no job, so how about this weekend... :eek:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
cbxer55 said:
Depending on where it is, I will attend.
Somewhere in the middle of the country so it is easily accessible
from the left and right coast. :bigthumbsup:
Then it would be a hop-skip-and-jump for me! :joke:
Since I am on a relatively new job,
I will only have 1 week vacation next year.
Gotta be close.

Robert Hill
Robert,

I think STL fits that bill nicely, gateway to the West! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
144 Posts
STL Sounds really good to me !! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
cbxer55 said:
It never works that way, you know?
When you got the time, you aint got the cash.
When you got the cash, you aint go the time!
Get a job, Meathead. :joke:
You do remember Archie Bunker, dont you? :bigthumbsup:
He was my hero. :super:

Robert Hill
Stifle!

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
well, Tulsa's really pretty much the middle of the country. Well officially it's someplace in Kansas that's the middle, but there's not much to see there. lots of straight road to open em' up though!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
if your going to be as close as Branson MO might as well take in a ride south then east over to Eureka Sprinks AR! man they got the twisties over that way and many bike groups have a rally there every year. not to awful far for me. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Steve J was right there is great riding in the Ozark mountains. I am not sure many people would do a week but I think it would be an awesome 3 day weekend event. Great idea.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I don't think we're gonna find a place that's real convenient for everybody. I'd like to go to the dragon sometime, but it is quite a haul for us middle staters

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
BlkM109r said:
I don't think we're gonna find a place that's real convenient for everybody. I'd like to go to the dragon sometime, but it is quite a haul for us middle staters
To me most of the fun is getting there and back. Maggie Valley is really too close for me to have a good ride out but I could help with the setup. :doorag: I'm game wherever you guys want to have it, I can do 700 miles in a day no problem. :doorag:

·
Registered
203 Posts
ITguy said:
St Louis would work for me but what about Branson, MO? There's a bike rally there May 13-20th that I'm going to with family. Think it is primarily and Indian rally but all brands are welcome and I hear the riding is great.
I think Myrtle Beach is having their Bike Week during that time. :cop: :doorag:

·
Registered
133 Posts
why dont you all schedule a meet at the dragon in April? Warriorfest 2 will be going on, and the invitation has already been made a while back.
would be a great time to get both groups together for some great riding and fun campfire antics.

·
Registered
371 Posts
katz san padre tx you have beaches oh yes the girls did i mention the girls ooops i did lol :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Lamonster said:
To me most of the fun is getting there and back. Maggie Valley is really too close for me to have a good ride out but I could help with the setup. :doorag: I'm game wherever you guys want to have it, I can do 700 miles in a day no problem. :doorag:
700 miles in a day is about 11.5 hours of straight riding at minimum. That's some serious iron butt.

·
Registered
476 Posts
What has happened with this, was there any concensus about where to meet, how about posting several places and having a vote by board members. I would like to have aM109 get together to meet some of the folks here on line. Do think it should be some what centralized so members from both sides of the country would have a better chance of attending.
Lets make this happen! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts