M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from the second weekend of the Sturgis bike rally in S.D. :doorag:
For those of you that have been there, well you know what been there done that says about this experience. unbeleivable!:bigthumbsup:

While out there I did a 8 mile circuit on a Boss Hoss road test bike, it was equipped with automatic and corvette engine, straight thru exhaust.

It takes off like a bat out of hell, and passing from a 65 Mph rate to a blistering 110 Mph is done in a blink of the eye, litteraly.

I`m 6 foot 2, at 270, need power a plenty, specially two-up.8)

Could any one of you experienced riders with modified 109 give me an accurate comparason with the Boss Hoss, yes I know the difference in price already, Thanks for your comments... Marty a.k.a. 109 wantingone

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I doubt there is much that is comparable. Both have two wheels and handle bars. After that there is just too much different. Auto vs 5 speed, V 8 vs V twin. 1100 lbs vs 700 lbs. No traction vs traction. No Cornering vs Cornering. Just two very different animals. Both beautiful but which do you want to take home.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I doubt there is much that is comparable. Both have two wheels and handle bars. After that there is just too much different. Auto vs 5 speed, V 8 vs V twin. 1100 lbs vs 700 lbs. No traction vs traction. No Cornering vs Cornering. Just two very different animals. Both beautiful but which do you want to take home.
there it is. thats alot of power

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I just came back from the second weekend of the Sturgis bike rally in S.D. :doorag:
For those of you that have been there, well you know what been there done that says about this experience. unbeleivable!:bigthumbsup:

While out there I did a 8 mile circuit on a Boss Hoss road test bike, it was equipped with automatic and corvette engine, straight thru exhaust.

It takes off like a bat out of hell, and passing from a 65 Mph rate to a blistering 110 Mph is done in a blink of the eye, litteraly.

I`m 6 foot 2, at 270, need power a plenty, specially two-up.8)

Could any one of you experienced riders with modified 109 give me an accurate comparason with the Boss Hoss, yes I know the difference in price already, Thanks for your comments... Marty a.k.a. 109 wantingone
There isn't a comparison. The boss hoss is not something you would choose if you actually want to ride for any distance. It's built to impress when standing still at the local bike gathering spot, then straight back home to the garage. It's a "garage queen", and we all know which ones they are when admiring bikes at the local meet.

If you want a bike that's more ridable and practical, then it's the 109, hands down. BTW, it also impresses the onlookers at the local meet too!

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Useless, unless you have a very small penis

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Definately no comparison. Two complete different Beast. Go with the Nine so you can be Admired at local Bike nights, Local Shows or just around town, Oh did I mention you can actually Ride it!!??? Boss Hoss just not a rider!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
To me the Boss Hoss just isnt practical. Like the other guys said, its a good bar hopper if you want to or feel the need to attract attention to yourself.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree with the other statements made. I am also 6'02" and around the same weight, maybe a little more, and I ride 2up all the time. You will not be disappointed with the power of the 9 at all. And it always get looks where ever you ride. By far the best bike and a good price.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've ridden a boss hoss, it's to heavy and big to enjoy. I would buy a 9 over the hoss anyday. Hell you can buy a 9 , a truck, and take a vacation with the price difference. The hoss i rode was 48k, a little steep for me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
boss hoss

If money is no object buy the boss hoss, heck buy a boss and and a m109r. The boss hoss is so freaking fast it's not even funny, but when the twisty's come up good buy boss hoss.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If money is no object buy the boss hoss, heck buy a boss and and a m109r. The boss hoss is so freaking fast it's not even funny, but when the twisty's come up good buy boss hoss.
When the twisty's come up, boss hoss NOT a good buy, just goodbye! :joke:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Besides the 9 does awesome wheelies when you have a passenger on the back:D:D

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
To me the Boss Hoss just isnt practical. Like the other guys said, its a good bar hopper if you want to or feel the need to attract attention to yourself.
Yea! Like that don't Happen, {Attracting Attention} on a 9:doh: They blend right in, like a White Pine:eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
109 wins over the Boss, Thanks guys...

Guys, I do enjoy reading your responses, did actually go the way I was already expecting. 109 Wins!:p
I never had the chance to ride a 109, In Quebec it is difficult to get a seller to actually let you try the bike just for compairason sake.
Yes i will go with all of your good replies and get a 109, but it will take some time.
Great riding to all of you, keep the sticky side on the pavement and enjoy!
Marty a.k.a. 109wantingone.:doorag:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here are pictures of my Boss Hoss 540 CI all aluminum Merlin engine 600 hp. I built all new body work for it.If you ever ride one chances are you will like it more than you thought you would!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts