M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
webb109 said:
:eek: :eek:Â :eek: Just maybe when your 109 is worn out this may be a worthy contender. Could be a bit pricey tho.

www.neander-motors.com :yikes: [/qu...p bike with 50+ MPG. Torque Monster for sure.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That thing is crazy....some neat ideas at work though :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
1340cc and only 100HP.... I like my 109 better. Especially if that thing is gonna mean remortgaging the house. ::)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hummmm...jury is still out, I think I like everything but the bars...thinkin I need a trip to Germany for a closer inspection :doorag:

Devilish

·
Registered
386 Posts
This is a work of art with typical germanic engineering. Turbo Diesels rock in Europe and outperform most gas engines of the same size. If you ever get a chance to test drive a VW Turbo Diesel, do it, you will be surprised! Decent performance plus 50+ mpg.

The key here is not 100hp but 144 ft lbs torque!

I like the 150 Metz up front. I wonder how that would work on the 109????? :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Being the diesel-head that I am I would ride it :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
525 Posts
100hp / 148tq - not bad

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
I still think we got the most bang for our buck by picking the M, and right from stock the M is still a very eye pleasing machine, and for me all that power is just an added bonus.

G

·
I'll be the first to say it... Diesel trucks are hard enough to work on... but a bike?

I cant imagine what the exhaust would sound like.... and if you did a burn out, would it dump black smoke all over the car behind you? That would be cool if someone got to close behind you.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
they write it up like it's a ferrari or something, and say the price isn't available until it ships. there's something different (turbo-diesel), but nothing great about this bike. i'd love to see their high price tag so i can laugh.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
but I will admit I have been having a really bad itch to buy another bike latly and cant decide what to buy,but i know I wanna get somthing just not sure what.
get to work on making a turbo/supercharger that won't detonate for the 109 instead!

·
Registered
169 Posts
saw one reviewed in an ozzie mag, two wheels I think, a month or two ago. Tester said it was a great handling bike with torque, but very slow throttle response. You'd get that I suppose from a oilburner. Oh yea, he also said it was the worst sounding bike he had EVER heard. Woud've prefered the thing to be dead silent than hear the horrible exhaust.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts