M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was at the Suzuki dealer here in Nürnberg and one of the salesman asked me if I had been called yet concerning the recall on the M109. I said no, why? He said that the service dept. just got the letter from Suzuki saying something recalling the M109 due to the wiring harness :eek: Have you guys heard anything yet? As soon as I find out more details I will add to this post. If it would have been April 1 instead of the 19th of Oct. I would have thought it to be a bad joke.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Delmustator said:
I haven't heard anything and I was at the dealer just last week. :eek:
The salesguy said they just got the letter yesterday before I got there.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Maybe it was something specific to the European models? I think you guys got the same emissions controls as California does here in the US. :dontknow:

Will call the dealer next week if I don't hear anything sooner.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I just got back from the dealer and He talked to the Suzuki man while I was there,and said there was "NO RECALL"!

When i got my bike the oil was fine! I was told the bikes come with the oil in them!
at the 600 service they over did it BIG  time looked like a quart to much was blowing down the side,I took out 6 oz and it was still blowing and way over the full mark buy the book.
I took it back,and told them it was *^#* up and I wanted it made right .they took it in back changed the oil the the mechanic comes out to get me to show me it's right :verymad:I ased him well was it over full he said yes and looked away :verymad:
said he still had to clean the air box and sensors  :verymad: I get it home the Next day I check it by the book and it took 6 oz to get it 3/4 the way up the High Low range  :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: so don't be skarred to do it yourself You can't screw it up no worst than them  :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:later silentrider

They also has the wrong brake pad number and i gave them the correct info on that!!! PER MR HALGREEN :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
476 Posts
I was also at the dealer today, asked the service manager if there was a recall, he said he hadn't got anything from Suzuki noting such. Of course here in Louisiana we are the last to know...

G

·
That would explain all the minor electrical problems some have had. I never had any...thank God!! Um....where's some wood!! :eek: *Knock*Knock*

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
HELLRAZR72 That's what i thought when I read this post ,it would explain it, if it was a short some were ,maybe the wires grounding out,Might be a reason for a couple of battery's to go Bad also,It's not good to ground out the wires on the frame,But No RECALL in the Northeast area! ::) so back to the drawing board :D

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
the Cali models are the same as 49 state and Canadian except for the evap crap in the tank that eats up fuel space. Now the Aussie/Euro/UK models do have different wiring due to the o2 sensors so it could be a o2 sensor equipped bike recall.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Left the dealer today, no recall.

C-One

1 - 14 of 14 Posts