M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mechanic husband is outside pulling his hair out which is really hard to do considering he's bald...BIG PROBLEM IS..he is installing a power commander on a customers M109 ..I watched a YouTube and the guy gets to the end and says "make sure the boots go securely over the throttle bodies as it could cause secondary throttle plate movement and could cause FI lights"... but he doesn't then put the dang thing on :mad::(" smilieid="18" class="inlineimg" border="0"> We can't get the boots back on...he tried some grease but they slip off.Does anybody have a tip for doing this part of the PC install?..any input would be appreciated..thanks very much..

The Mechanics Wife :bow:

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
My mechanic husband is outside pulling his hair out which is really hard to do considering he's bald...BIG PROBLEM IS..he is installing a power commander on a customers M109 ..I watched a YouTube and the guy gets to the end and says "make sure the boots go securely over the throttle bodies as it could cause secondary throttle plate movement and could cause FI lights"... but he doesn't then put the dang thing on :mad::(" smilieid="18" class="inlineimg" border="0":mad:" smilieid="18" class="inlineimg" border="0"> We can't get the boots back on...he tried some grease but they slip off.Does anybody have a tip for doing this part of the PC install?..any input would be appreciated..thanks very much..

The Mechanics Wife :bow:
The intake boots are best applied with no lube. They should be squeaky clean so they don't slip off when you tighten them.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The best way to install them as I've had to do it over a dozen times installing different fuel management units. Are usually loosen the boot on the very bottom of the throttlebody on the clutch lever side take a prybar or a screwdriver stick it in there and wedge it upward we can get the boot to pop on After you get the front one on the rear one will go on with ease

1 - 3 of 3 Posts