M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Got the coat back in 06. Love it. I'm up here in New England. Nead the warmth. [IZE]

·
Registered
608 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
I have the 06 2X and it fits me good. I normally wear an large to XL in shirts. To me, the more room the better so you can even wear more layers if needed. The guy who was selling them on eBay has no more of them and if he still does they are the small or medium ones. I called him looking for a member on here.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,137 Posts
In regular lightweight jackets I wear a large, in winter coats usually an XL. Most of my bike jackets are XL, though one that has a heavy liner is a 2XL. To get the 2006 model jacket to fit, I had to go to a 4XL. The jacket fits OK but that makes the sleeves long. And there's room to wear a heavy sweat shirt under it.

I'm fat, but I'm not 4XL fat. :D

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
you bought a 2xl and it fits well? if so, what size do you normally wear?
I don't have the 2xl. Just a L. I'm a M guy and had to get the L to fit the clothes underneath being here in the cold. So yes you have to go with the bigger size.

G

·
In regular lightweight jackets I wear a large, in winter coats usually an XL. Most of my bike jackets are XL, though one that has a heavy liner is a 2XL. To get the 2006 model jacket to fit, I had to go to a 4XL. The jacket fits OK but that makes the sleeves long. And there's room to wear a heavy sweat shirt under it.

I'm fat, but I'm not 4XL fat. :D
Japanese sizes.:D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Definitely try to get one, I have one that the previous owner gave me when we bought the bike. Its a 3XL. Normally I wear large shirts and when I am in the riding position the sleeves are perfect. They really block the cold air out, I was surprised at how warm it keeps me.

·
Registered
143 Posts
After that reply, I am thinking I should go 4x or 5x lol. I am 6'2" 245 when lifting regularly...other than that about 225 or so. I have kinda freakish shoulders so I think bigger is better on this coat size.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
After that reply, I am thinking I should go 4x or 5x lol. I am 6'2" 245 when lifting regularly...other than that about 225 or so. I have kinda freakish shoulders so I think bigger is better on this coat size.
I would find local riders by you that have them, so you can try them on and find the right size the first time. It is just hard to come by the 2xl size and up. And I know that Suzuki does not have any 08 Limited Jackets. They donated everyone they had to last years meet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
M109R leather jacket

I was cruzin Craigs List the other day & happened to come upon a guy who sold his M109r after only a few months of owning it. He also happened to have a Never been worn 2X m109r leather jacket he was selling off! He gave it to the local Suzuki dealership near where he lives now to try to sell for him so he could get a quick $100.00 for it. They took it on consignment to sell for him cause they didint want to pay anything for it. After a few weeks he went back to the store & found out they were selling it for $249.99!!! He was soooo mad he took it back & placed it on C/L for $100.00! I happened to see it there & called him up about it. Went out there Sunday 75 miles each way in the pouring rain to check it out. It still smelled brand new with the lil yellow tag with the $249.99 price. I usually wear a L of XL. This was a 2x & fit me a lil snug but should be fine after the leather breaks in a lil. So keep looking on your Craigs Listing for them. People still have em!! check out the pics!! Ride Safe!!:D:D:D:bigthumbsup: LIFE IS GOOD AGAIN!!!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I thought I saw on Oneida Suzuki the other day that they had them listed again. Just a thought. I'll check again.
http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/suzuki-boulevard-race-jacket.html

SUZUKI Race Jacket

[Additional Product Information] Heavy-duty competition grade cowhide leather with removable plastic armor in the elbows and shoulders with soft back pad. Two external zippered hand pockets and internal left chest pocket. Embroidered Heavy-duty competition grade cowhide leather with removable plastic armor in the elbows and shoulders with soft back pad. Two external zippered hand pockets and internal left chest pocket. Embroidered Suzuki Boulevard logo on left chest and back. Sewn on black rubber Suzuki Boulevard logo at waist. Zippered cuff with rubber head snap for easy on/off use. Sizes: MED-XXX

Part #: 990A0-24006-_ Details
Price: $237.99

only have XL or XXL

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was cruzin Craigs List the other day & happened to come upon a guy who sold his M109r after only a few months of owning it. He also happened to have a Never been worn 2X m109r leather jacket he was selling off! He gave it to the local Suzuki dealership near where he lives now to try to sell for him so he could get a quick $100.00 for it. They took it on consignment to sell for him cause they didint want to pay anything for it. After a few weeks he went back to the store & found out they were selling it for $249.99!!! He was soooo mad he took it back & placed it on C/L for $100.00! I happened to see it there & called him up about it. Went out there Sunday 75 miles each way in the pouring rain to check it out. It still smelled brand new with the lil yellow tag with the $249.99 price. I usually wear a L of XL. This was a 2x & fit me a lil snug but should be fine after the leather breaks in a lil. So keep looking on your Craigs Listing for them. People still have em!! check out the pics!! Ride Safe!!:D:D:D:bigthumbsup: LIFE IS GOOD AGAIN!!!
If that jacket ever starts ti fit you TOO snug, I'll do you a favor and take it oof your hands :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.