M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all... here is a 10 minute video of a ride I took a bunch of guys on during our 3DDIM rally out here in NW Arkansas...
Of course I am biased, but I think its a pretty good video... if you watch the whole thing you will see a couple of spots where I almost had a knee on the ground. :evil:

Lead bike is me, followed by the Photographer on a B-king on our version of The Dragon. (Except without all the @$$Holes, Cops, and Cagers)

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Awesome; Looks like a lot of fun:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:. BTW, how do you upload videos onto this board? I tried the FAQ and even the search option and couldn't find much info.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Great Video and looks like it would be an awesome road to ride!

I definitely would not compare it to the dragon though more like the Cherohala Skyway. A lot of high speed sweepers were as the Dragon you are in the next curve just about time you are out of the one before it and the curves are a lot sharper. If you ride it really hard you have very little time to even think and that's when it bites people in the ass! Either way you have to respect it!

Great Video! Makes me want to visit!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Great Video and looks like it would be an awesome road to ride!

I definitely would not compare it to the dragon though more like the Cherohala Skyway. A lot of high speed sweepers were as the Dragon you are in the next curve just about time you are out of the one before it and the curves are a lot sharper. If you ride it really hard you have very little time to even think and that's when it bites people in the ass! Either way you have to respect it!

Great Video! Makes me want to visit!! :bigthumbsup:
:agree:100%, very similar to the Cherohla ! Nice vid!:a18:

·
Registered
295 Posts
SWAEEEETTT!!!!! I'm hoping to get there memorial day weekend from OKC! Looks friggin' awesome!:a18::a18::a18:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Nice smooth riding, great video. Looks like you guys had fun.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My Aunt lives about 15 miles from the top of the Dragon and I've ridden it a few times, both at the first riders meet as well as visits to see her. To me its not all that impressive of a RIDE / Experience. (The road itself is great).... But, it's Loaded with Squids who think they can ride MotoGp, and suck... Bikes that will pass inside of others in a corner, then fail to hold their line on the exit. Kids in Ricer cars thinking they are in Tokyo Drift... Blue Hairs out in their Miata's, (And every other old persons car group)then of course all of the cops.
You can have it...

Cherahola Pkway... nice scenic ride, too many site see'rs for my taste. (Both cars and Bikes). If we're gonna talk rides in TN that are IMHO great rides... the Trail of tears is one of them...

This road here has many 40 and 50 mph sweepers as well as Many 15 and 20mph corners... Very technical in areas, and others where you can just flat haul ass through nice open sweepers. (the first 4 or 5 miles of this particular road weren't filmed)

You have to ride it to see I guess... Many of the Busa guys who I was riding with, that have been on the Dragon, also commented on it being better than the Dragon, and Eureka Springs being WAY better than Deals Gap. (Much more to do)

·
Registered
39 Posts
looks like a great ride. i have not made it there yet but the video really puts this on the list of rides this summer.:congrats:

·
Registered
550 Posts
That was 30 miles in 10 minutes. I enjoyed the ride again. I feel like my bike gave all of my investment back to me. Even my pipes and pegs lost a little weight, it was worth it. :

: Note to self put stock bones back on bike for 3ddim-5 and we will be draggin knees.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, the B-king is a whole other class of bike (Like any sport bike).
I've ridden mine down push mt road, and its a blast!

That B-King definitely could have EASILY gone around me and disappeared, but that's what makes it such a great chase / movie bike. He can stay somewhat tight and not be at much risk if I have to do something "Sudden" :D (He was a lot closer than the video makes it look, using the GoPro Hero Camera)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Twisties???

Love the two lane freeway you blokes were riding on.You want to ride some real twisty roads,come to OZ,or go to Tazzie.The roads in the hills around Adelaide are great.Never ridden a bike on Tazzie roads,but have driven them,and they are as awsome,if not better than the roads here where I live.Good video all the same.Glad you had fun.KEZZ.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
That's an awesome video Rich, thanks for sharing it. I never was a fast rider and watching that was like being on a roller coaster at times. You guys would have been at the end and most of the way back before I finished it. :D

I probably should send my used tires out your way. I think you can get the rest of the mileage out of the sidewalls that I seldom touch.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
My Aunt lives about 15 miles from the top of the Dragon and I've ridden it a few times, both at the first riders meet as well as visits to see her. To me its not all that impressive of a RIDE / Experience. (The road itself is great).... But, it's Loaded with Squids who think they can ride MotoGp, and suck... Bikes that will pass inside of others in a corner, then fail to hold their line on the exit. Kids in Ricer cars thinking they are in Tokyo Drift... Blue Hairs out in their Miata's, (And every other old persons car group)then of course all of the cops.
You can have it...

Cherahola Pkway... nice scenic ride, too many site see'rs for my taste. (Both cars and Bikes). If we're gonna talk rides in TN that are IMHO great rides... the Trail of tears is one of them...

This road here has many 40 and 50 mph sweepers as well as Many 15 and 20mph corners... Very technical in areas, and others where you can just flat haul ass through nice open sweepers. (the first 4 or 5 miles of this particular road weren't filmed)

You have to ride it to see I guess... Many of the Busa guys who I was riding with, that have been on the Dragon, also commented on it being better than the Dragon, and Eureka Springs being WAY better than Deals Gap. (Much more to do)
I definitely do not disagree with anything you said about certain people being on there that doesn't know how to hold a line that is why we usually try and go during the week day instead of the weekend! It's a lot less crowded and the 3 other times we went we didn't see one cop. That is when you can really appreciate the road. The Skyway can be filled at times with sightseers but there again you have to hit it just right. We hit it this past Saturday on a great day around 12:30-1:00 and had no issues with sightseers and that is a road that this bike loves!! :bigthumbsup:

Glad you guys had a great ride and trust me that area is one that is on my list to go ride so I will definitely be looking you up when I get out that way so you can show me around.

Take care Bro!! Ride Safe!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Man what a pleasure to watch you ride that road, watching you turn in, apex and exit those corners. I have followed so many people riding twisty roads saying to myself what the fark are they doing (it's no wonder people have accidents on country roads), they have no idea when/where to turn in, where to apex the corner and how to exit the corner.
Again congrats on the video and on your RIDING ABILLITY :congrats:
Cheers Bigeh..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts