M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so here's the sitch. As some of you already know I'm kinda radical when it comes to making mods on my m109. But my next project is to give the bike a face lift when it comes to the front fairing and lighting. The ultimate goal is to mount a batwing fairing without investing in the already fitted Corbin fairing that costs plenty of $$$ and has no easy ability to mount a sound system inside.

I looked at specs between the 109 and the Honda vtx1800c. Both have a fork diameter of 1.8 Inches. The 109 rake is 31.25 deg. The Vtx rake is 31.5 degrees.

My thought is to use Vtx fork mounting on the 109 after changing the front headlight. A cheap and already doable mod. Then I can mount the more traditional fairing.

BTW my last mod. that replaced the zuk clutch lever with a HD lever andmodified cable has proved itself well.

As always your comments are wecomed.

My idea is to purchase a cheaper bat wing fairing with a more traditional look and sound system capabilities. To do so I gathered some info that had to do with the fork diameter and rake of both the 109 and the Honda VTX1800c.

·
Registered
22 Posts
batwing

Ok so here's the sitch. As some of you already know I'm kinda radical when it comes to making mods on my m109. But my next project is to give the bike a face lift when it comes to the front fairing and lighting. The ultimate goal is to mount a batwing fairing without investing in the already fitted Corbin fairing that costs plenty of $$$ and has no easy ability to mount a sound system inside.

I looked at specs between the 109 and the Honda vtx1800c. Both have a fork diameter of 1.8 Inches. The 109 rake is 31.25 deg. The Vtx rake is 31.5 degrees.

My thought is to use Vtx fork mounting on the 109 after changing the front headlight. A cheap and already doable mod. Then I can mount the more traditional fairing.

BTW my last mod. that replaced the zuk clutch lever with a HD lever andmodified cable has proved itself well.

As always your comments are wecomed.

My idea is to purchase a cheaper bat wing fairing with a more traditional look and sound system capabilities. To do so I gathered some info that had to do with the fork diameter and rake of both the 109 and the Honda VTX1800c.
how did the project turn out mounting that VTX Batwing on the 9...would love to see pix

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ditto

I too would like to see a photo of a setup like that.

Anyone else want to post up a photo of their non-Suzuki headlight and fairing, would like to see their's also...

Here is mine with the fairing & stereo that is not corbin.
Attached Thumbnails

BTW - jtstrobe, a very nice looking bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts